Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, December 12, 2016

A week of Zone Conferences 2.0 (9-26-16)

So this week we had zone conferences again.  They were really good.  We had our conference in Maputo on Tuesday, and Swaziland on friday.  So we started the week out coming down from beira and getting ready for conference on Tuesday, we divided both monday and tuesday nights as we had two missionaries waiting to travel that had no area to work in.  Then on wednesday we had a basically normal day, and then we got in the car and drove to Swaziland on thursday morning.  We are still in swaziland and will be driving out this afternoon.  The conferences in Maputo and Swazi went a lot better, and I was very happy with both of them.  Sunday I went to church in english and that was just a thrill.  I am doing well, really tired.  all of these conferences and constant changes really are giving me a beating.  It doesn't help that almost all of my best freinds from the whole mission live in the complex we stayed in in swaziland, so that hampered a little bit of my sleep, haha.  It has been super good to be with those guys again as we haven't been able to talk much since we can't call inter-countries over here, but all is going well.  On our drive down we were a little frustrated.  As missionaries we have to have a workers visa, we call it a Dire, for safety reasons though, we rarely carry, or ever see our dire, we just walk we a notarized copy of it, which is good for everything, including air travel, everything that is except for crossing the swaziland border, and my companion is from Mozambique, so he just needed his passport, but for me, they wouldn't let me leave the country until they saw I was legal to be in the country, strange right? But we got to the border, and they were not going to let me leave, so we had to wait two hours until one of the senior couples could bring my document out, but it all worked out.  The cool part was that the road that comes into the border runs through a game reserve, and just driving through we got to see a giraffe, I spotted it too. I was trying to to get distracted looking for animals, but my companion wasn't looking for any, and I know that you usually see animals if you pay attention, so I payed attention a little bit to the road, but I wouldn't be surprised if we missed others on the side, oh well...The worst part is my camera is still not working so we couldn't take pictures.  I did figure out what is wrong with it, it is just really hard to get a fujifilm battery here in africa.  We did however  have an awesome time in Swaziland. I am convinced it looks just like flagstaff, we were high in the mountains, there was a lot of clouds and for a while we were driving through the middle of a cloud, that was sure exhilarating for my first week driving in a year and a half.  We have enjoyed the niceness of swaziland, and I have really enjoyed my time, I really would like to have served here, but it isn't possible.  The people already gave me a swazi (seswati) name, it is siboniso, (See-bow-knee-so) it means example.  Teaching in english has been weird, but I really enjoy it, it is really nice to preach in my own language.  Swazi also has a super special spirit.  I have watched probably 10+ zone conferences in my mission, but without a doubt this zone conference here in Swazi was the most spiritual. The missionaries here are awesome, and I know they are going to do great things during their missions.  It is almost sad because I know I really won't get to see these awesome missionaries do some of the great things that I know they will do.  I am grateful for what I have learned and now I need to go and apply it to my area in Maputo.  I love you all and I am grateful for your love and support.  I hope you have a great week or as they say here in swaziland, have a blessed week.

Love,

Elder Holt 

No comments:

Post a Comment