Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, December 12, 2016

The week of Traveling and Conferences began... (12-12-16)

So this was a crazy week, I will see if I can get it all in this one email.  

So on monday as you know everything was nuts, I am still recovering from that one haha...  Then on tuesday we had the privilege of picking up the new missionaries from the airport.  That was a ton of fun.  It was too bad their plane actually landed on time so that was a miracle, except their bags all got lost in the layover, and so we thought the plane hadn't got there yet, but it turns out they were trying to sort the bag issue out but they only speak MTC portugues.  Thankfully airport regulations are a lot less stringent here so Elder Payne and I were able to go in and help them out, it took like an hour, but thankfully all of their bags ended up making it over the course of the week.  Tuesday Elder Payne and I ate at this Italian restaurant out of desperation.  We were hungry and it was late and we had a super bad "what the heck?" kind of attitude and we went to this restaurant.  I think it was my favorite in all of Mozambique.  They also put man-bibs on us to not let our shirts get dirty, haha.  Wednesday we were trying to get everything all together and just get to the area, but everything was working against us.  It was the same story on Thursday and Friday.  On saturday morning we got up and drove to swaziland.  That was fun, we took a "pit stop" at the animal park in Hlane (Sh-lawn-ee) where we saw an Elephant, 3 rhinos, a few hippos, impalas, and a komodo dragon.  That was super cool.  We just drove up on this elephant, it was like 5 feet from the car.  I was getting out of the car when the elephant, took a defensive pose and so I got right back in and drove away quick.  Then I leaned out the window to take a picture of a rhino.  It was on the road and when it heard us coming it turned a round and squared up.  I was a little nervous, but it was soooooooo Cool.  We went to the swazi district christmas party when we got here, and have been dividing with the missionaries.  It has been a good week.  I got pink eye though, so I have been in my glasses all week, that sucked really bad in the rain yesterday.  But my eyes are feeling better.  

The sad part of the week was getting a call on saturday from Nampula.  I was told that my recent-convert Sergio had been hit by a car and passed away.  That was pretty tough.  But in the same moment I couldn't help but feel gratitude for having been able to help him recieve the ordinances of baptism, I am sure he is up there in Spirit Paradise, getting involved with missionary work.  I am so grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.  It turns these otherwise impossible trials into experiences that strengthen our testimonies and bring us closer to the Lord.  That is what I teach. That is what I know. I know that we lived with Him and that if we do the right things on this earth we will return to live in His presence again.  The Holy Spirit has confirmed that to my heart, and I believe and cherish that knowledge.  God lives and He loves us.  He sent His son Jesus Christ to redeem us from the fall, and I know that families can be sealed together for all eternity through the power of the Holy Priesthood.  I Love and Miss you all.
Love,

Elder Anthony James Holt  

Man Bib!
Italian Food - Yum!

Elephant Sighting...
Rhino Sighting...
Komono Dragon Sighting...
Hippo Sighting...
This place in Elder Copitsky's area called zambodes.  It looks like the pacific northwest mixed with hawaii.  There was rain, and this little creek reminded me of Bridge to Terabithia and I got sad because it is a sad movie/book.  But it made me excited to go hiking in normal clothes.  We were slipping all around in the mud, haha.
Elder Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment