Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, December 12, 2016

What the pho?... (10-17-16)

I hope someone got my subject line joke, but if not, I will explain it a little bit better.  So like BIG NEWS!!!! Out of nowhere on wednesday after our meetings with president, he asked to Interview me and Elder Mataveis.  Elder Mataveis went first, and while he was in there I was washing my hands when a thought/feeling/knowing came to me, not strong, but very vivid, that I would not be companions with Elder Mataveis anymore.  Then, I went into my interview, and lo and behold, it happened.  President decided out of the blue to give Elder Mataveis an experience in Swaziland, and we would be changing immediately, and that my new comp would be Elder Payne, who is one of my best friends on the mission.  So that changed happened, on friday, it was sad to see Elder Mataveis go, but I am super excited to be here with Elder Payne, and we are going to do very good things together.  So that brings me to my subject line, in Maputo there is a vietnamese restaurant that sells pho (fuh), it is like vietnamese noodle soup, and it is super good, so we tried it, I have had it a few times in the states, so I was super excited to see if the one here was any good.  And it was the bomb, and the name of the restaurant, was Little Vietnam.  So we were two americans, eating vietnamese food, in africa it was pretty nice.  Our area is going very well though, the investigators we have our nice, now we are just trying to find more investigators.  We have a young woman named Rassane, she is the daughter of a member family that is super strong, they are famous, they were on the back inside cover of the conference edition for May 2016.  But we are teaching her, she is educated, and understanding.  She is having difficulties, because she feels that because she believes in the things we teach, that if she prays for an answer she will get a yes, just because that is what she believes, and that God wouldnt say no.  Her other concern, is that the fact that the church is true would mean that her church that she has believed and trusted in for her whole life is not true.  They are rather deep concerns compared to what we usually get, so that is good, and I feel that we have been able to help, and she has been super open with us, so that is awesome.  I am really excited for her, but she definitely needs your prayers. We had a baptism on saturday, and today we had a big activity on the beach and played volleyball, and soccer.  I am sorry we have had some problems today to deal with so internet is short, and I will be dealing with typical maputo problems as the internet here is not very great.  I love you all very much and hope you have a great week.
Love,

Elder Holt
Elder Holt & Elder Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment