Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, December 12, 2016

This was one of the most exhausting weeks of my life, but I love it...

So it's pretty early, I have had to stay at the office the last week, (I will get to that later, but because of that, we have computers right here, and we have stuff to do, so I will just do email right now.  I hope my mom gets to sleep soon, because she rights my email right before bed, and I still haven't gotten it, haha.  But speaking of my angel mother, please everyone give her a hug and tell her how much I FREAKING LOVE HER!!!!!!!! She is the greatest ever and I am blessed to be able to call her mom.  She isn't that old either.   But I am so grateful for the support and love she gives me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her (not just in this life, but on the mission, haha).   

So I have a question, does my missionary humor make you all laugh or is it just funny to me? I am not going to stop, but I was just curious if the things that make a missionary laugh make normal people laugh?  On to the week...

On monday we had a crazy lightning/rainstorm, it was the coolest thing ever, I think the sky didnt get dark because the lightning was constantly striking, it was so cool.  Because the lighting didn't stop neither did the thunder, and so it was like the thunder was rolling for an hour straight, it was a little bit intimidating, but it was really cool, it was too bad though because we couldn't go out that night.  Then we got a call from the Secretaries telling us they had been driving when a tree fell in front of them blocking the road, and a tree fell behind them, blocking the exit, so they were stuck.  They informed us of the group of 7 or so elders in the mission office with no food, so we got over there asap, and hit a KFC run, it was pretty fun, I have never driven in such bad weather,  but it was still really cool.  

On Tuesday we had the privelige of picking up the new missionaries, that is the best.  We were at the airport waiting for them when we the whole plane had gotten off and one of the flight attendants told us that there was no missionaries on the plane, so we thought they missed their flight and headed home.  As soon as we got home we got a call from president saying that they had a feeling to go back and check or something, and when they did they found Elder Chugg and Sister Espadas.  He asked how quick we could get there so we flew over there and picked them up.  On the way they were hungry so we made another KFC run (it is the only restaurant open 24hrs here.)

Then we just chilled with elder chugg all week, doing some teaching some trainings, and just having a good ol' time.  I am loving it, that is for sure, I think this was one of the most tiring weeks ever, but I really enjoyed it.  On Saturday the stake had a halloween activity, except they didn't really know what halloween was, but it was still fun, and because they didn't know what Chilli was we had a Feijoada cook-off instead, it went rather well.  Elder Payne dressed up as me, and I as him. Sazia is doing super well, in our visit this week she told us that her friend had just lost her child, and it was the second of her children to pass away in the last year.  Sazia was pretty beat up and wanted to know why God was so unfair at time, we had been planning on teaching the Plan of salvation, so it all worked out pretty well.  She came to church on Sunday and accepted a baptismal date for the 26th, so we are super excited for her.  And our area in general is going super well, I am super excited.  And I really hope things get back to normal this week.  I love you all though. Like a lot.
Love,
Elder Anthony Holt  


Here is us waiting with President at the Airport, and us with Elder Chugg and Sister Espadas.
Me and some little kids at the halloween activity, sister de souza with the photo bomb, haha
Me and more kids, 
The cutest little girl ever names catia
Me and vanda,
Everyone that came in costume.


I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!


HALLOWEEN PUMPKINS!
So I didnt know what to carve into my pumpkin, but it was white and the inside was orange, so I carved a pumpkin in my pumpkin, and these are some african pics and just some other pics.  I love you all and wish you a happy halloween.
LOVE YOU!!!!

Elder Anthony Holt



No comments:

Post a Comment