Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, December 12, 2016

The Hunt for a fujifilm battery continues... (10-3-16)

I am sure my mom is just heartbroken to read that subject line as once again I am without pictures, sorry!!! but I have made a little progress, in that I have a member that knows where to look and who can look full time looking for me, so that is good.  Since last week I came back from swaziland.  That was fun, but like I really would be ok if President Changed his mind and sent me to Swazi, it is super nice down there, i love Maputo and Mozambique, but swazi was just awesome.  This week has been our first week in the area this transfer, so that is nice.  It is really hard being in the 3rd week of the transfer and still not really knowing your area, or anyone in the ward, but it is ok, because I havent been able to, due to being away, but finally I am getting to know the area a little bit.  We really dont have any investigators, so we need to do something about that.  It is kind of frustrating.  When I got to Nampula there was nothing, but when I left, they had a ton of people to teach and baptize, and it has been the same story with almost all of my areas, I am always a finder it seems like, but I have three transfers here to do my best to get some baptisms, and hopefully a working camera along the way.  Other than normal work, we did get invited to go to presidents house and sister koch made a brazillian feijoada, (black beans, and pork, and sausage, and beef, and all kinds of other really good meat).  I love feijoada, there is a brazillian style, and a mozambican style, but I think I like the brazillian style more, I have only had it a few times on the mission, but it is super good.  I think I also realized why I never liked beans all that much before the mission. Because in america we only eat the canned processed beans, and they arent all that good, but when you get the beans and boil them and cook them yourself, even though it takes way longer it tastes a billion times better.  That same day as we got into the area the senior couple called us and invited us to come over to watch the first session of conference with them, live,  IN ENGLISH!!!! Well my comp wasnt too keen on watching in english, so we did a split with another dupla that had an english speaker and a portuguese speaker, it was nice, i really enjoyed Elder Ucthdorfs talk, and afterward sister kimball made us Enchiladas, I almost cried, i dont think I have eaten that good in one day my entire mission, it was supposed to be fast sunday, but with all the good food it was worth it to postpone the fast one day.  But we are just in the struggle of getting investigators that actually want to learn and progress, but we gon find them, I aint worried.  Have a good week, and I love you all.
Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment