Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, December 12, 2016

That was a long day... (12-5-16)

So yeah, it is a lot later than normal.  I am ok, I just had a lot of things to do this week, and a ton to do today.  Today was the first day of the transfer.  I guess you could say it is the beginning of the end.  I will be staying here in Chamanculo B.  I will be staying with Elder Payne as well.  I am super excited.  It was kind of a big transfer and we had a ton of people coming up from Swaziland.  So Elder Payne and I got the chapa and drove them all around.  I thought for sure it would be quick, but it seems like no matter what we did, the later we ended up being.  We also have 4 Elders up from swaziland working on their visas, so we will be working with them until they get them, and then they will go back to swaziland.  Hopefully it is all done by wednesday.  This week we have been trying our best to close out the month, and the transfer.  It is always stressful when we have a months end, or a transfers end, and this time they ended up being on the same week, so that was pretty darn rough.  I sure would like to sleep for like a week straight, but my body just doesn't let me.  

We had a good month, and now we are getting prepped for Zone Conferences.  This week we have been trying to help our investigators get all the way to baptism.  They are close, but still have a little bit to go.  Hopefully by months end we will finish them out and then we can get some more.  During the week we had one of the missionaries that works on Catembe, it is the are on the other side of the Maputo Bay and you have to take a ferry to get there.  He brought us some fresh shrimp, we paid him for it.  It was like 4 dollars for a kilo.  There were a bunch of little ones, but there were also a few big ones.  I deveined and prepped them all, and we cooked them up.  They were a little too small to set up to grill.  So I got thinking, and I made a shrimp scampi.  I don't know if it was an actual shrimp scampi, but that is what we called it, and that is what it tasted like, and I love Italian food, and seafood, so it was a good lunch.  I will try to send some pictures of the process.  But other than that we just worked and worked and worked.  I am tired and have little time.  But I LOVE YOU ALL.  Happy Holidays.
Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment