Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, December 12, 2016

Happy Late Thanksgiving.... (11-28-16)

So this week was thanksgiving, and that is cool.  I am so thankful for all of you that write me, and those of you that love me but dont write me...   This week we celebrated thanksgiving and it was super good.  But I will get there.  We had some meetings on Tuesday getting prepared for our Mission Leadership Council, those were good, but it was still better to get to the area and work.  On wednesday we had no time in the area as we had to prepare for thanksgiving.  Elder Payne, Elder Baker, and I went to President and Sister Koch's house with 5 kgs of flour, 3 pumpkins, a ton of butter and other ingredients, and started cooking.  Elder Payne made Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, and at my suggestion used heavy whipping cream instead of milk.  Elder Baker made some super good crescent rolls, and I made Pie, Pumpkin Pie, actually 8 pies.  It was a good time.  We started from scratch, I cleaned the pumpkin, baked it, took the flesh out, and pureed it.  Sister Koch has a meat grinder and it worked very well to puree pumpkin.  Then we got to the tedious work, rolling crust, baking the crust and then the pies.  It took so long.  And wednesday was sister kochs birthday so we made her a video and the sisters made cupcakes, I think she was very surprised and got a good laugh out of it.  And then when we finished we went to the airport to pick up the Elders from Beira that were coming for leadership council.  It was very thanksgivingish, as the zone leaders are all good friends coming down for the holidays.  After that we went back to the kochs, where they made us Tacos, I LOVE TACOS!!!! The next day was the council, it went well and was followed by the dinner.  Elder Payne and I presented on becoming more like the savior, through learning of him, and emulating him.  The pumpkin pie was a hit, President wasn't too happy that it took so long to cook, but after having some the next day, he let me know that the extra time was worth the taste, so it was good.  Then this weekend we started getting ready for christmas time, and our zone conference that is coming up in a few weeks.  We are doing well and I am loving the work.  Sorry, I was so busy baking that i didn't really get any pictures, but I think my mom got some from sister koch, so she can attach them on here.  I Love you all and hope you have a great week, and Happy December.  
Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment