Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, September 19, 2016

I'm Tired... (9-19-16)

I can't think of a better way to describe what I am feeling other than pure exhaustion.  This was a great week, but I am dead, and I am scared to see how much more tired I will be after this coming week.  Then hopefully I will be able to calm down and just do regular missionary work for a change.  Last week we spent all the time with the new missionaries it seemed.  We picked them up tuesday night and wednesday morning.  It was super fun, they are all super excited to be here and I think they will do great.  After that we gave them a training.  Because of the rush of things I never really got trained on how to give them the training and the last time I saw it was when I came into the mission.  But because of the lack of time and the fact we had to give the training in two languages I gave it to the americans in english and my companion in portugues to the brazillians.  That evening I walked with Elder Goes and Anjos as they were waiting to go to zone conference in beira, that was a lot of fun, Elder Goes is going to Nampula so I really enjoyed getting to tell him all about my favorite area ever.  We flew up to beira on thursday morning.  That was fun, we had some divisions.  I walked with Elder Combs(My first trainee, now a  Zone Leader), Elder Morris(From St. Georgeish), Elder Fuchs, and Elder Ribeiro.  They were all fun divisions, and I enjoyed getting to work with different missionaries, and also getting to work in Beira for the first and probably last time, haha.  We had zone conference on Friday, I enjoyed it, we talked about working with members and we brought the stake president to come and help us with some role-playing.  It gave them a more real feel, and I think it was valuable.  The zone leaders gave similar trainings to ours, and I really hope that the mission can faithfully apply what we talked about, it is a super basic principle, but I think that it can make a big difference if faithfully applied.  On sunday we had District conference in Manga, that was good, it was kind of weird as it was my first time watching a sunday meeting in a ward that I am not assigned to work in, but I enjoyed it and I am super excited to see the progress in Manga and hope that the Zone up there can keep it up and get the Stake we have a goal for.  The good thing is that all of the requirements that we missionaries can effect have already been met.  Now we just need the district to meet the requirements that it affects i.e. tithing and such.  They are super close though so remember the manga stake in your prayers.  Tomorrow we will have Zone Conference in Maputo, it will be fun to go back to matola for the first time since I left 6 months ago.  Then we will have a normal day on wednesday, fingers-crossed, and thursday I will drive Elder Mataveis and myself down to swaziland, it will be a good time, please pray that I can make it safely, I am not worried, but it is the first time I have made a trip this long in a while.  I am super happy with what I am doing, I am learning every day.  I hope you all have a good week.  Also pray that I find a new battery for my camera, my camera will not turn on, or charge and I think it is the battery, but I hope that it is just the battery and not the camera.  But I love and miss you all and am grateful for your support.
Love,

Elder Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment