Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Trunky Comment Wait for it... (7-18-16)

So I have officially entered into the last six months of my mission.  After giving it a lot of thought and prayer I decided that I do not think that extending is the best plan for me, which means as of yesterday I have less than 6 month left on my mission... FREAK!!!! I have no clue where the time went, all I know is that I feel like it was yesterday that I didn't even have 6 months, so it is whatever, haha.  But I am focused, the less time I have the more I want to be better than I've been, and work harder than I've worked.  They say that a lot of the people (mainly girls) that promised to write your whole mission but didn't make it until 6 months, start writing you again in your last six months, so I will just be waiting here with sarcastic responses, haha....

This week was awesome though, and super stressful.  WE HAD A WEDDING!!!! It was super awesome and really historic.  The first couple in all of mozambique living in the province of Cabo Del Gado was married, and they will be baptized in a few weeks when they come down to Nampula again.  Really all we did was help them open the process, all the other work was done by the other missionaries who have worked with them for the last three or so years.  I wish I had their emails to tell them, but hopefully they will hear someday.  But this family had crazy strong testimonies and we just got to be the lucky missionaries here when things worked out for them.  Not to say we didnt work for them, we did teach and help with opening the process.  Because they live far away we had to get documents for them from here in Nampula, I think some people thought we were gay me and my comp going to the wedding register to get marriage certificates, haha.  Then on friday we baked a couple cakes and brownies, I also made mini-pumpkin pies.  Last thanksgiving I got a recipe from my mom for pumpkin pie and we made it.  Here they have a lot of pumpkins for cheap and our investigators give them to us sometimes, and that is the only thing we know how to do with pumpkin so I have made the recipe my own and we eat a lot of pumpkin pie, haha.  But we dont have a lot of pie pans so I had to get creative for the wedding, and I used a muffin tray and made a ton of minipies.  They turned out really well, it was definitely time-consuming, but they loved it at the wedding.  Outside of the wedding stress we tried to do as much missionary work as possible, but every week is super stressful.  This week we have a culture activity, and next week we have another wedding and baptism, but it is awesome to have more work than we can do.  We have been super blessed though, and the field is truly white, and we are harvesting all that we can.  Other than that I can't really think about much to say, haha.  I will send some pictures though.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment