Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Well I guess I'd better write you all... (8-17-16)

So yeah, it is wednesday and I didn't write on Monday, sorry about that.  We had a Leadership Council in Maputo and so on monday morning we flew down there before we had time to do internet.  And our flight took us through tete, which caused our traveling to be about 6 hours in total.  So I am grateful to my mom who taught me to be patient on long trips.  It wasn't comparitively long, but as a missionary even short periods of time when you can get up and walk around feel long.  So I will go back to last week though before I start on this week.  We had a visit from President Koch this week, that was super exciting.  We had 8 baptisms as a district, 4 from our area, and 4 from Nampula B.  It was super cool to be able to get all of it done.  We baptized Mario and Luisa (Finally) and then we baptized two youth that we got as references from some investigators that we baptized a few weeks ago.  One was named Alda, and the other Otavio.  Sergio and Rosalina got baptized as well, so even though they are on the other side, I will write them in my Preach My Gospel because we did all their teaching and pushed them to all but one document.  Also a member I met down in Maputo, is up here studying, and his Girlfriend got baptized, they had been living together but decided to separate until they get married so that she could get baptized.  The baptisms went well other than the holes in the font, but I patched those up, they will not last another baptism though, so we need a new font quickly.  Other than that, President and Sister Koch took us all to lunch on saturday, and gave a good training to the Branch Council.  On sunday we broke our frequency record again.  with 195, I was happy, but also frustrated that we missed 200 by so little, oh well there is always this week.  It was so full that we had to have some people standing through sacrament meeting.  We had 6 families who all got temple reccomends, that was a great gift, and I hope that they will all be able to get to the temple by year's end.  I don't really remember what happened during the week, I think it was mainly preparations for President's visit, and a lot of finding.  We did find a new family that all came to church except the dad, he is a little bit tough, but we will work with them.  This week we will be doing the same, we have a few investigators that will hopefully be able to be baptized by the end of the month, and if not by the end of the transfer.  On monday morning since the internet cafes werent open, we went to go capulana shopping and got a bunch of super cool ones, I can't wait to show you all.  We took them all down with us, so that we can bring more next time, haha.  We got down to maputo and we left our bags with the AP's and then we headed off to Sergio and Elisas home for a Family Night, they thought that it was going to be the T3 missionaries that were coming so they were really surprised when I showed up.  But it was fun, even though Sergio and Elisa came super late.  We went home hung out with the elders from swaziland for a little while, and then we went to sleep.  The next morning we had leadership council, that was super good, we learned a lot of everything.  I felt like the theme was more or less, "Just do the things that PMG, the scriptures, and the Missionary Handbook tell you to do."  We were supposed to come back yesterday after the council, but our flight was delayed, so we were going to visit my recent converts in Mozal, but the AP's decided to do a division with us.  It was cool though, I did some finding with Elder Boyd, it was cool though, because we ended up finding a strong endowed member, that is kind of a face without a name in the Chamanculo Ward, but he is legally married and his wife is not a member, so hopefully they can do some good with that.  I love you all and am thankful for your support.  Have a great week, and I will send more on Monday.  
Love,

Elder Anthony Holt



No comments:

Post a Comment