Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Saturday, September 3, 2016

After all this time I am all out of clever subject lines... (7-25-16)

So this, once again was a good week.  Week 2 of our 3 weeks of crazy high stress, and I am still alive, so that is good.  I will go through the ringer one more time this weekend, and if I can survive it, I think that I can do anything.  So we worked as hard as we could in the beginning of this week trying to do some finding and a lot of teaching, and that all went well.  We taught a lady and her kids who all came to church, and have a lot of potential.  We also found another part member family.  That is three for us in our area, hopefully we can see some progress in at least one of them.  And we have had some guys painting in our house, so we had to stay in the house for all day everyday, so me and my companion had to get creative.  Thankfully we live in the chapel, so we called all of our investigators and asked if they could come to the chapel for us to teach them.  It worked pretty well, and we taught some 20 lessons without having to leave our house, haha.  Unfortunately having to be in the house meant that we couldn't do as much finding.  But things should be better this week.  So the highlight of this week was our cultural activity.  I did it when I was down in Magoanine last october, I can't believe it has been 9 months since then, and we repeated it here.  Except here we blew the other one out of the water.  We had presentations of Latino, Tongan, American, Philipino, and Mozambican cultures, and it was a blast.  I have never seen so many people at the church.  We must have had some 200 plus people.  It was crazy, unfortunately, not all of those 200 plus people came to church, but it is a start.  We had food from all different cultures.  The latinos made chicken tacos, the mozambicans made chove and coconut rice, Elder Taukiuvea roasted a pig on a spit (as his comp, i helped with that), I made a bunch of pumpkin pies for desert, and the philipinos made two dishes, and I know I am not going to spell this right, but one was called adobo, the other was panzit.  And our philipino mother her in the branch Sister Mila, made a batch of peanut candy bread for me and Elder Taukiuvea, I love her a lot, she takes super good care of us.  I showed some video clips from america, I think the one that everyone liked was when I showed some clips of Football, they were cringing with every hit, haha.  I also got a hold of a guitar and presented some classic John Denver country roads.  Unfortunately as fun as it was, I realized that I do not remember how to play anything, so I am going to play until my fingers bleed when I get back, haha.  The mozambicans presented a traditional jump-rope like game, a dance, clothing, and some other stuff it was a ton of fun, but I left my adaptor at home, so I will send the pictures later today from the church computer.  Other than that, yesterday was pioneer day, I don't think that the Mozambicans know who the pioneers are, and everytime I try to teach them they forget.  But I was able to talk about the pioneers as we helped our branch president make some goals/plans to improve the branch.  We are very concerned that everyone is scared to give their all to the gospel.  But like history shows, we can only have the true blessings of the gospel after we have given all that we have in faith to the gospel cause.  I am grateful for my Pioneer heritage, those who came with the early church, just as much as those who have come since 1847.  I am so grateful of the sacrifice that they made to allow me to have grown up in places so rich in pioneer influence.  Something that came to my mind as we were talking with the Branch Presidency is something that helped give me some motivation, basically it translates like this: God asks everything we have in order to receive the fullness of gospel blessings, so we must be prepared to grab the iron rod and hold on to it until our hands our blistered and bleeding, and work until we leave our own figurative footprints of blood, because until we do so we will never know the joy of making the Lord's work happen.  I love you all and hope you enjoy your last few weeks of summer vacation.  Please pray that our baptism and wedding goes well, we will need all the prayers that we can get as it is not an easy task.  I miss you as much as I miss barbeque, so hopefully we can all have a sweet reunion here in a few months, but until then I will stick with xima.
Love,
Elder Anthony Holt


No comments:

Post a Comment