Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Traveling Kills (7-11-16)

So this week we did a lot of traveling, we were up late sunday night packing so we didn't lose time during the day, and then we were off at 5am to catch a plane monday morning.  From there we spent a few days in Beira for our mission tour.  Elder Ellis from the seventy who is in the area presidency came and gave us a training on tuesday, and then we were up early again on wednesday to catch another flight to Nampula.  We came back with six instead of four as we were doing a division with the district leader from Quelimane and his companion.  We sent them off on friday morning at 4:30am, and were finally able to try and normalize.  But man it was exhausting, this week was the first time I have fallen asleep in my work clothes.  Thankfully i had taken my contacts out.  We planned, and then the shower was busy so I made the mistake of laying in my bed to wait on my turn, when Elder Taukiuvea woke me up and said I should probably change I had been asleep for an hour or so.  Through the week I was super tired and I am looking forward to taking a nap today to try and recuperate a little bit, haha.  We were able to find some families this week and we have a lot of hope for our area.  We will have a marriage this week.  The family is the first family from Pemba, a city 5 hours north of us, to be married and in a few weeks we will baptize them, so that is super historic.  They come once a month or so and we teach them when they come, they found the church in Tete and have super strong testimonies, all they need now is to get baptized and gain their conversion. Another family that we had been teaching that is now in the new elders area opened the marriage process and should be getting married in a few weeks.  All in all we are seeing a lot of good stuff and I can't wait to see where it goes.  The other good part was getting a call from the elders in some of my old areas telling me that a family I had taught and a family that I found got married and baptized this last week.  And then another call telling me that two families I found and worked with were getting really close to being baptized.  It really makes you super happy to hear things like that.  Other than that I have been trying to be my best.  It is super interesting, although it is a mission and we should all be adults, sometimes it feels like I am in High School again, and no matter how hard I try to do MY best, in someone elses point of view, I am being fake or a hypocrite.  I just wish we could all just focus on who were are serving and doing our best to please Him, but I guess as the mission goes on, I get a little more tired and a little more tough, and at this point, I really dont care what people think of me, as long as I can present myself before the Lord as having done my best.  My wish is that we, those of us on missions and at home, may learn to support each other in our search for perfection rather than beating each other down.  I love and miss you all and wish that you all have wonderful weeks.
Love,
Elder Anthony Holt


These are some pictures of our trip in Beira and the bagunzas we did.





No comments:

Post a Comment