Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Carta Do Elder Holt (11-23-15)

Bom Dia Meus Queridos,
Hey, so this has been a good week.  We spent some time working like normal.  We had a practice for the christmas program we are doing.  Thankfully it got moved to the matola chapel, which saves us a ton of time and energy.  But yeah, this has been a good week, we have had a lot of difficulties, but in the end we have seen some results.  Elder Sharpe and I have been trying to find some elect families, but we are enjoying little successes right now.  We have a cool family that should get bapitized next transfer, but they have a smoking problem so if you could pray for emma danilo and arcilio that would be cool, they really need it.  And then we are just trying to find new families.  We have a lot, but they are really hard usually.  I will say I am a living witness of the prophecy made by jacob in the book of mormon that people will all say, We Have a bible and we need no more bible, is true.  I cant say I have bible bashed really because people here do not know the bible well enough to fight, but man they sure love the bible.  I think that might be why god sent me here, becuase other places I would have just fought, but here fighting is impossible because these people are convinced the one scripture they have memorized validates the bible and contradicts, almost 19 years of experience in the bible and book of mormon, haha.  But yeah, yesterday was stake conference.  It was all south east africa and we got to hear from Sister Esplin of the Primary General Presidency, Elders Cook and Clayton of the seventy, and Elders Renlund and Cook of the twelve.  It was a good broadcast and they talked about good things, but the translators had a really strange accent, that was like impossible to understand.  But because it was stake conference I got to see 3 men that I taught in T3 recieve the Melchizedic Priesthood.  One of them was Dique, I baptized him like 5 months ago.  Anyways, I was in there and the 2nd counselor asked who he wanted to ordain him.  And out of no where he picked me.  I just about pooped my pants I was so nervous.  I have never conferred the priesthood, let alone in portuguesse.  Ordaining my brother was nervewracking, but I thought I was going to pass out.  My comp said I was white as a ghost.  But thankfully all went well, and I succeeded.  I actually was the only one that said the ordination in the truly correct portugues, according to one of the senior couples.  But I did mess up on one part.  But I was helped a lot, It is really a cool experience giving blessing in a second language, I would never expect to recieve inspiration in anything other that english.  But the oppurtunities I have had to give blessings have been some of the times when I had the most clear concise thinking in portugues.  Anyways I wish you all a happy thanksgiving.  I am thankful for each and every one of you.  But I have a turkey bowl to win, so until next time...

Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment