Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, November 16, 2015

Mais Uma Grande Semana (11-16-15)

So, the work is going here in Mozambique.  This week was good.  It was filled with lots of chapas, and going in and out of the city, haha.  So on monday we went to play futsal with president koch and some other missionaries and members.  I really wish I would have played before the mission, haha.  But it is all good, I am getting all of my training/embarrassment from brazilians, and they are really good, so that was chapa one, the next one was on wednesday going in and out of the city for a training for trainers, and then again on friday, for a meeting about a singing thing that we are doing as a mission.  It was kind of interesting, because it is being put together by one of our senior couple missionaries, and she put it all together and then selected who would be in it, and somehow my name got selected as someone that knew more or less how to read notes, haha.  But yeah, it will be a lot of fun, I think it will be on christmas day, and yeah, I am excited.  It just is rough because it is like a 5 hour time committment once a week, on our most busy day of the week, haha,but it is all good, us here in the Matola Zone we just keep taking ones(hundreds) for the team.  But yeah, those were our chapa adventures, I think I am finally walking normal again though.  We had an alright week working.  I think the rainy season is starting, we had two storms, but nothing super huge, but it got us soaked to the bone, and then stopped.  Then we lost power for two afternoons, and it is super funny because no one wants to visit when the power is out, haha.  So we struggled lesson wise, but then yesterday we had a great day.  We had a ton of lessons, and contacts, and 13 new investigators, all in one day.  They were some interesting lessons too.  In one we had a peacock walk through the middle of it, big huge feathers and all, and then it flew up on the roof.  Then in the next one it started raining, and they had a tin roof, so it was impossible to hear.  I improvised and cupped my hands around my mouth and yelled the First vision, kind of like: I SAW A PILLAR OF LIGHT ABOVE MY HEAD!!!!!!! I think the spirit was still there though, or at least God understands.  Other than that the work is going, somedays like yesterday it is running at a full sprint in the middle of a rainstorm, and others it is crawling.  But I am glad to see progress, I have gotten to be really good at being grateful for little successes.  Because they are the ones that count.  In most missionas I am sure the numbers we put up, are unheard of, but anyone will sit with you, but not a lot will progress.  I have faith though that we will get a family by the end of the year.  I just need your prayers.  I dont know if you all enjoyed that email or wanted to hear about it, but it felt good writing.  I will also include a picture from the machamba this week.  We worked, and then everyone wanted to take pictures, so we did.  Then they put a baby in a capulana on my back.  For those of you mothers out there, do not worry about the head.  Here they dont worry about it, and as far as I can tell the babies turn out more or less ok.  But yeah.  Have a fantastic week, adn enjoy living.  I miss you all.  If you want to pray for me, please pray for Luis, Biel, Joana, Virjulho, Adalaide, Gomes, Tania, Horacio, Maria, micha, emma, danilo, and hercilio as well.  They need it more than me I Promise!!!

Abracos da Africa,
Elder Anthony J. Holt
Notice the Capulana on Elder Holt's Back With the Baby In It!
Elder Holt and Elder Sharpe at the Machamba (Farm)
Anthony didn't tell me who these guys are-picture taken on September 2.
Elder Holt - far right.

Baptism on 10-17-15!
Well, Elder Holt & Elder Sharpe are carrying something, but he didn't tell me what it was! 
Coração de Boi, I believe is the name of this fruit, from my intense internet search.  Elder Holt didn't mention anything about it, so I will be sure to ask him about it next week!
Watering at the Machamba!
Elder Sharpe & Elder Holt- Work It!!!
He ate Cow Tongue & Intestine Lining this past week!


No comments:

Post a Comment