Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Feliz Natal (12-14-15)

Hello dear family and friends.  This is Elder Holt here.  I am currently in a internet cafe in Fomento, Matola, Maputo, Mozambique.  In case you all forgot.  But I am just here writing a weekly follow up of what i did this week.  So I knocked some doors, taught some lessons, and sweated profusely.  It got very hot this week, and humid.  I have a feeling that God sent me here so that I could know what it felt like, and make me very sure to be a good person so that I dont go to hell.  But it is all good, its like sitting in a sauna, and it refreshes you, just not your white shirts, haha.  But that doesnt mean I am not loving it.  This week was a very slow week.  But I think the Highlight of the week was yesterday, we went to church and the stake president called me up to the stand, and asked me to translate for the man with him , who I came to find out was the area seventy.  i think his name was elder ungunlani.  It was super cool we went up to the pulpit together, and I translated his talk into portuguese for the whole congregation.  He talked about the sacrament and challenged everyone to make a commitment to never miss the sacrament again, he said, I am here because I made this commitment, I will need to be in Johannesburg, but the sacrament is more important and so we moved our trip back a few hours to come to sacrament.  It was really good.  Other than that not a ton happened, we just worked and sweated.  We also had a christmas party, very different from home, but fun nonetheless.  I will send this now without pictures or anything.  Because the internet place is having so many problems.

Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment