Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Transfer Day (11-30-15)

So transfers came and I will be staying in the same area and finish Elder Sharpes training.  I am pretty excited for this, but the difficulty is ,that because of the new ward we will be in a new area, and would you guess, whitewashing again, WHOO HOO.  I think that was a little sarcastic, but I will do my best and need all of your prayers, I cant believe how hard it is, and that president has trusted me to white wash 3 times in 4 transfers, It is super hard, but we will work hard and all should go well.  This week was good we celebrated thanksgiving with a good old turkey bowl, and then on thanksgiving day we had a feast.  We found a turkey, and made all the classic stuff except stuffing, but that is all good.   I even pulled off a Pumpkin Pie, thanks to my angel mother who sent me a recipe, and it was very good, we just didn't have molasses so I used syrup, haha.  But yeah.  I thought I was going to die after all the food, but it was good.  And I will send pictures next week because we are kind of short on time.  We also had a bunch of non-alcoholic champagne bottles.  I got to fulfill a bucket list Item I never thought would be possible: Popping a cork, it was hard, but I got it.  I will be using the same bottle to send a message in a bottle, so feel free to scour the beaches to find it.  Other than that the work was normal.  We are super grateful because our investigators are stopping smoking.  One has already kicked it, and the other two are fighting hard, but we are sad because they were the jewel that we found this whole transfer, and we will lose them from our area, but all will go well.  I just want to wish everyone a merry christmas, and remind you all that we can all try to ignore the Christ, but he is the center of all the celebrating.  And I am so grateful for that first christmas night, because I testify to you all that the baby boy grew to become the Savior and Redeemer of the world.  The atonement is real and personal for every single one of us, and his sacred power is present on the earth today.  This week I had a man ask me how I could go around and tell people that there church was false and that my church is true.  It was amazing that without thought and in Portuguese I am not sure I could use on my own, I responded, Because I am an Authorized Set Apart Representative of the Lord Jesus Christ and as such he has revealed to me that this is the only way to achieve life eternal.  I have never seen him, nor heard his voice, but I have felt his power change my life to become a more perfect person in every day.  I have seen his face in the faces of the people I see use his atonement, and I have felt his touch in the most difficult moments of my life pushing me forward, step by step.  So I know that I am on the other side of the world, for that dont send me a christmas present, instead, look inside look at your life where you are and where you want to be, where you feel you should be, and "let him in" let him change your life and begin again.  He is the Savior of the World and he is the Savior of every individual, this is my testimony in his name.

With all the love in my heart, Merry CHRISTmas,

Elder Anthony James Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment