Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A semana de trabalha (12-7-15)

I wont lie, I am kind of excited to hit my year mark here soon because I forgot how many weeks I have on the mission, and that will be really easy to catch me up.  But I still have a little bit of time and I promise I am not trunky, I just thought of that because I couldn't think of a subject line.  So this week started of with change  Elder Sharpe and I received notice that instead of serving in the Matola b area, we had been moved into the Mozal b area.  So for the 3rd time in 4 transfers I am opening an area, and training.  Boy that was a bit overwhelming just writing it out.  I guess the Lord is trying to say he trusts me, or just giving me endless chances because I need to learn something from doing it again.   But it is all good.  We have a brand new ward with a brand new bishop, he is super awesome, and asked us to help him as he is new and doesn't really know what to do in terms of working with the missionaries.  But yeah, we also have had a good week.  We had a bunch of days of just trying to find people, which I wont lie, they are really long, but I am kind of learning to love.  Thankfully though parts of the area I am opening had missionaries working in them before, I am just opening it as its own area, so we have a father from a part member family that will get baptized this transfer, and we are praying for a miracle that we might find some others as well.  We had a great week this week finding, we found one guy and we sat with them and we got there and then another man sat with us, and then another, and then another.  Turns out they all were brothers, and all lived at the one house with there wives, unfortunately the wives weren't as interested, but we will still work with them.  We found another family as well that was really cool, we were walking down the road at 10 in the morning which isn't a good time to find families, but we saw through the crack in the gate a man as we were walking by, and we stopped knocked, and next thing you know we were teaching the restoration.  The man told us he wouldn't be able to make it to church, but he sent his wife and two daughters, and they came and enjoyed it, so that was a really good sign.  Elder Sharpe and I are really focusing on constantly finding as we teach so that we can always have a good teaching pool.  I wont lie, the temperature is getting hotter, and the fruits from when I first got here are starting to be sold again so I realize I am starting to have some time here.  But other than that Elder Sharpe and I came up with a quote this week in a comp study where we were talking about God stretching us.  It goes a little like this, "Miracles are like the lotion God uses to rub us down when we are being stubborn and dont want to stretch, but usually they are like Icy Hot and burn the whole freaking time... But they are effective."  So I hope that doesnt make you all think that I am super weird.  I love and miss you all.  Especially the cold you are feeling, dont complain, I will take it any day all day I promise.   But remember you are in my prayers, and I hope this week is amazing for all of you.

Love and Hugs,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment