Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, September 7, 2015

Meus Queridos... (8-31-15)

Boa tarde,

So, I am just sitting here sweating.  Summer is starting here, and man It is gonna be a warm one, that is for sure...  But yeah.  This was definitely a good week here in the vineyard.  I guess you could say we are pretty close to the part of the vineyard the lord is burning because it is very very hot.  Sorry for that missionary humor there, I guess that sounded better in my head than on paper, or the screen i guess...  The lord is definitely blessing us though, we had two new families found and elder combs and I both feel really good about working in a part of our area that has hardly been worked.  This means a lot of walking, in the heat.  But like I said the Lord is mindful of us, and our hot water broke so we have nice cold showers to get our body heat down to temperature normal when we get home.  I also notice that my shirts were not very white compared to my companions this week.  That is realy depressing because when I look at them I think they are super white, but when he stands next to me they just look not white at all.  But it is ok because I have 8 brand new ones in a space bag to be opened in a few months.  My area is still very sandy, but we had the best contacting experience this week.  So we were walking down the road when a member told us to come play a game of dama(checkers on steroids) with him, so we did, and while we were playing he called his neighbor over and taught him the restoration with us.  It was a super prepared guy and he has a member friend and everything and we have an excuse to play dama every few days when we go to teach him.  We got to teach the 5th sunday lesson yesterday about how to help the missionaries, that was really fun, I really love teaching.  I guess I love being a missionary in general, I dont know if I dont remember my last life, but I really love what I am doing, and I love every single day more than the one before it.  We are being so blessed though.  So 3 weeks ago elder combs got here, and we started working in our area with no one to teach.  Now we have 8 families, and another part-member family, and the icing on the cake is that one of the families will open the process next week.  The lord is blessing us immensely.  We still have a ton of work to do, and unfortunately will have to drop a few families, but I trust that we will always find more.  We also got to try a new fruit this week called masala.  It is like a coconut shell with a seed pod inside, so you open it up and then you take a bite of the fruit and suck the juice out and spit out the lima bean sized seed.  It tastes like mashed up bananas, so it was a good experience.  There are also like 100 seeds per fruit and it looks like vomit.  I think my most spiritual experience personally this week was as I was reading the book of mormon.  I prayed to know if it was true and all the sudden this weird thought came into my head.  As a child I never asked a magic 8 ball or anything if the book was true, something deep withing has always felt it was true.  I was not doubting my testimony or anything, but I just wanted to ask again.  And I will say,  don't doubt what you have always known. Our strongest testimonies have been with us since we were innocent little children.  Anyways, I love you all, I miss you so much.  Have an amazing week.

Abracos for everyone, except the women because I am set apart ;)

Elder Anthony Holt
Trying a new fruit-MASALA-he says it tastes like mashed up bananas--not sure he is loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment