Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Alo (9-21-15)

Bom Dia Meus Queridos,

So I want to start off saying, that whatever you have been praying for this week/doing... KEEP DOING IT!!!  I think I had one of the best weeks of my mission this week in terms of physical success.  We only were able to work 4 days because elder combs was sick.  And in those four days we found 7 new families.  3 came to church, and we found 3 others on sunday after church.  We were so blessed.  And absilom and adalaide were able to get their documents, and we are opening the process tomorrow, in other words "I can hear the bells.'  It was a great week.  Elder Combs and I made a really hard goal two weeks ago, and we sat down and made a plan to reach this goal, and now we are being blessed because we took the plan to the Lord, and worked our butts off.  When last night rolled around, I was more tired than I have been on my entire mission.  Anyways, yeah.  The week was good.  We were in the house on the hot days, because Elder Combs was sick, but on the cold rainy weekend(which is super weird for this time of year) we were working.  I got to finally wear my rain jacket haha, it works really well.  And one pair of my shoes is still water proof, so that is really nice.  Well yeah.  So I really cant think about much else that happened, but we worked a lot, and I really dont know much else.  I am just super ecstatic because of all of our families.  I really pray that all will go well with all of them, and all of the families that we will find this week.  I guess my spiritual thought this week comes from a dream I had this week.  It was really interesting, kind of like a dream in a dream in a dream.  But I remember getting into bed, and I was a returned missionary(I promise I am not trunky), and as soon as I fell asleep, I dreamed I was teaching absilom and adalaide.  This was the first time I have consciously realized I was dreaming in portugues.  Anyways in the dream absilom asked me, why it was that Jesus is so important?  I dont know why but in the dream it really hit me, and I started thinking and next thing I knew I was swept off to a flashback, where I was studying, and I was reading in the bible in Isaiah 53.  It was really weird because it was super realistic. But then I remember reading, "Surely he was bruised for our iniquities... and with his stripes we are healed"  About this time I woke up to go to the bathroom, and then when I laid back down I stayed there for like an hour just thinking, "With his stripes we are healed."   I couldnt stop thinking about them, but I just had the strongest feeling that they were true.  And I want to testify to you all that I know that my savior lives, and that he loves all of us, no matter where we are, or what we are doing.  He suffered for every pain, sin, and difficulty we have or will ever have.   This was confirmed to me, and I know this is true, and that is truly why I am out here, because there are so many people here that dont know that that need it.  I love you all and am so grateful for you support.  Until next time.

Abracos,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment