Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Another Day a New Transfer (9-7-15)

So yeah, we had transfers today, I will continue training elder combs in our same area.  I am super excited, because I actually am feeling like I know the area a little bit.  Other than that, the entire mission changed, haha.  But yeah, I am super excited for this transfer.  We should be opening the marriage process for Absilom and Adalaide this week, which will be sweet, because I haven't had a marriage and baptism yet, and I am so excited, and ask for your prayers that all will go well.  But yeah, today I realized that I am in my 5th transfer, which really isn't all that much, but that is like 5 more transfers than I ever imagined would pass by.  The time is definitely going, somedays really slowly, others a lot quicker, but it is a blast, that is for sure.  This week we had our mission tour, which is where an area presidency member gives a tour of our mission, so on wednesday we got to hear from Elder Kevin S. Hamilton of the Seventy.  He was a great speaker, and he talked a lot about the purpose of the plan of salvation and the family in our work.  I can definitely see how important it is, and I am learning more everyday.  It is basically that the plan of salvation is our fundamental doctrine.  It was lost with the great apostasy, and there are a million churches with a million different interpretations of the same scriptures, but between the book of mormon and modern revelation we have 100% surety of why we are here, where we come from, and where we go when all is said and done.  I dont understand why people dont just flock to the font sometimes,  I talk to people who go and mourn for weeks after a passing away, and have no clue where their loved one is, but as soon as someone offers to tell them where he is, and how they can see him again, they dont want to know anymore.  It is weird, it is like we are holding a million dollar check in their face, but they are turning it down because they dont want to go to the back to cash it.  It is probably the most frustrating part of missionary work, and the greatest gift god ever gave us: Agency.  The other thing I am so grateful for is a living prophet.  The more I think about it the more it only makes sense that we have someone on the earth to direct the church with his authority.  It is another golden truth that makes no sense to me when people turn it down.  Satan is definitely rampant, and it sucks, but it is all part of the work.  We also have been working with two families and they have talked with bishop and will go to the temple in november, so that is super awesome, there is so much sacrifice at times, but I think Joseph Smith once said, A church that doesn't believe in sacrifice will never have faith sufficient enough to produce miracles.  So yeah, this was a little bit of a slower week work wise, which gave me a little more time to think, but I see miracle that come from faith.  Heck, my being here right now is a miracle, especially when I think of everything I was doing a year ago to get here.  It all seemed so distant and impossible, but it definitely isn't, that is for sure.  This week I will hit a year since I turned in my papers, it is crazy.  I Love you all, and hope you have an amazing week.  I cant wait to hear all about them.

Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment