Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, September 14, 2015

Faz Calor (9-14-15 End of Week 26)

Bom Dia Meus Queridos,

So this has been a good week, we had transfers, missionaries came and went, and it rained, then it was hot, and then it was cold, and then it rained again. The weather here has been so bipolar, it kind of reminds me of the weather patterns in utah, haha.  But other than that, we have taught some, found some, and discovered new parts of our area.  Our area is super huge, but I finally think I know the boudaries more or less.  It is super hard too because I know that there are really good people in our area, so we are either knocing all the wrong doors or something is up.  I dont really know, haha.  But me and elder combs made a decision to try and work our area in a way that I dont ever think it has been worked, we have put together some plans and we will start tomorrow.  I am super nervous, because it is going to require working at a level that I never thought was possible, and it is going to require the longest days we can possibly put in, but I have a lot of faith, that after putting it into practice for a little bit, we will see the fruits, but if you dont here from me next week, it is because I will be spending my whole p-day recuperating, haha.  I am super excited though and will have to pull into some of my old athlete tank and imagine my coaches saying alright one more 1000 times or so, haha.  If all else fails, we will find out and try something else.  This week we had a really cool experience with a family we found. It really showed me the importance of talking with everyone as a missionary or a member.  So there is this guy we met named ozorio, and we contacted him by knocking the door.  And when we knocked he let us in, and we shared our message, he said it was really interesting that we were there that day because earlier that day a coworker had talked to him about his church at work, and he was really interested.  So we come back 4 days later and we were talking to him again, and the guy says first thing.  So I went and talked with my friend and shared what you guys told me, and he said, those are missionaries from my church, listen to them, they will help you out a lot in your life.  I got to think about this experience and I was amazed at the situation, I cant say it was coincidence, because I have to know better being a missionary, but it was so amazing to me, and I got to thinking how much easier it would be if people would share the message and invite them to recieve the missionaries in our home.  I know references are a million times better than contacts, so you should all think of someone, and then share are message with them, you will never know who the Lord has prepared for you, and if you do this the missionaries will love you for forever and ever.  This gospel is a message of 100% happiness, so spread the joy, dont be selfish and keeps this knowledge fo eternal families, and life after death to yourself.  We know what we know is true, and we know everyone needs it, so if we just open our mouths the lord will bless us.  I know this church is true and that god is our loving heavenly father.  I know that he is the same yesterday, today and forever, and that he loves us the same as his children in ancient times, for that reason we have a prophet today, thomas s monson, he talks with god, and he receives revelation for all of the world.  The priesthood is the power of god on the earth, by and through it I have seen miracles.  Most of all I want to share my testimony that Jesus Christ is our savior, he suffered for us, and he know us perfectly.  Through his atonement, we learn that all of this is possible, and we recieve the strength(grace) to do the impossible.  There is only one true church and I am so grateful for the knowledge that my heavenly father has given me through my prayer and study, and desire to to know, that I can say I Know.  I Love you all so much and look forward to the day when I will see you all again.  A-Frican have a lot of work to do so until then.

Love and Hugs,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment