Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, August 24, 2015

Novidades do outro lado do mundo (8-24-15)

Bom Dia,

So this has been a really good week.  It passed really well, but felt super long.  We had two division, I had one with elder larsen, and the other with elder hruby.  They talk about a division curse, and I am sure it is a load of crap, but for some reason on those days we had 4 or more lessons drop.  I guess I am getting used to it.  Unfortunately contacting didnt work super well those nights either.  I guess we were just supposed to learn something and I havent figured out what it was yet.  I have been good though.  I am getting more used to the hard work every day.  I love being with Elder Combs.  It is super cool to be with a brand new missionary, because when missionaries leave the mtc they have some kind of a light within themselves, and it is helping me alot to be more spiritual.  As much as I thought a mission would be super spiritual for 2 years without stopping, being honest I have never been so spiritually exhausted in my life.  But I think at those times I have felt something guiding me along.  It is definitely super hard, but at the end I know that I am recieving more strength than I have, and more energy than I have.  That doesnt mean I wont still take a super good nap this P-day afternoon,but it is still good.  This week we found a super cool investigator name Paula.  She is a single mother of 2, and we found her knocking doors.  On the first day she was asking us about church and in the second lesson she asked, "How do I get baptized?" I being stupid thought she was asking about the way she gets baptized and I was like, "So you will get into a font with a man that has the priesthood, and then he will say a prayer and put you under the water..." She cut me off and said, "No, not that, what do I have to do to get to that point?"  I was very taken aback, but we explained the process and her next question was, "well then how fast can you teach me the lessons?" We are super excited for that, she came to church with her kids, even though the member that was supposed to take her forgot, and we are having a family night with her tonight.  I dont think it will be possible to baptize her before the end of the transfer, but the first of next transfer for sure.  I think we might wait until the 26th of september though,and we have 3 other families with that date for their marriage and baptism.  Other than that this week was very much a run of the mill week, but it is all good.  I have learned a lot about the importance of prayer, and the temple convenants in the field.  I was reading in doctrine and covenants, and preach my gospel, and I think I understand why missionaries get their endowment before the field, and not before marriage.  The Lord has really listed out specific blessings that come with this Endowment of Power from On High.  I am still learning how to recognize these promises in my own work, but there are such amazing things in the scriptures if we just open them with the intent of coming out better that we started.  I love and miss you all, and am so greatful for your support.

Abraços Firmes,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment