Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Thursday, August 13, 2015

New Week, No Comp (8-3-15)

So, how are you all doing?  This week has been another great week here in Mozambique, as you all know, I was transferred last week to Magoanine.  It is nice, there is a lot of sand, but I am ver used to walking in sand, so it isnt a big deal.  I have still not received my new companion as he will not be here until thursday, but once he gets here we will hit the ground running.  We are whitewashing(two elders both new to the area), and there isnt a ton fo anything in the area, so we are starting from the ground up.  It is very hard work, but I am exciting.  I think my area has a lot of potencial, and I cant wait to put 100% of my focus to my area.  Because I am without a companion, I am walking with Elder Johnson and Elder Larsen in there area, and I have only had 3-4 hours a day in my area, which is not sufficient for what I need to be doing.  That will change though and I hope to be able to build a firm foundation for this area, I will definitely need your prayers for strength and what not, so feel free to keep them coming.  In terms of life here in mozambique, life is life.  It is a lot of fun, a lot of work, and the winter is very cold.  I cant wait to get some summer, but I am sure I will regret saying that here in a few months.  I am in an awesome ward, and house, I havent had a chance to take pictures, but I will send them as soon as I get them.  I really dont have any pictures, but this week we will have a stake conference and that is super excitings, especially because we will get the first patriarch here in the country.  It will really be amazing for the people, and I am so excited.  I cant think of much else to say, but I really feel like I am learning to speak by the spirit better, we have had a few lessons this week, where the words I said were not things I would normally say, but the feeling of peace was so strong, and I was so grateful.  My biggest advice would be to learn how the spirit feels for you.  I have struggled with that a lot on the mission, and now after 6 months I finally feel like I am starting to get a grasp on it personally.  I am amazed that 6 months has passed.  It has been arduous and so difficult.  But the time has really passed quickly.  Part of me wants it to slow down.  As I said some goodbyes to the people in t3, i really felt that in some situations I would never see some of those people again until the spirit world.  I love these people so much.  They are so humble and inspiring to me, and as much as I miss all of you, please dont worry about me, I have been adopted into the mozambiquan family, I am mozambiquan, and these are my people, they are taking care of me, and I love them so much.  I hope I will have some good stories to tell you all next week, but if not I will at least have a new companion to tell you about.  Thank you so much for your prayers, and love.

Love and Miss You,
Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment