Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, July 27, 2015

Sinto me que a missao é cheio com despedidas (7-27-15)

So this has been a good week.  Like my subject line said, I am feeling that missions are full of goodbyes.  Today I recieved the transfer notice and I will be leaving T3.  I was only here for three transfers, but I really love these people and this ward.  I can't say that I always got along with them, but in the end I will really miss them.  Today I will be going to magoanine(maw-gwa-nee-nee).  It is also down here in the south, I will move houses and zones, I will be a little closer to the ocean,but we don't swim anyways.  The area I have been in is the 2nd most sandy area in the mission, and my new one is the1st.  I might have a gut when I get home, but I will also have big legs.  This last week in t3 was good though.  We had a baptism on saturday.  Seovana, Dique, Djeni, Eron, and Lindalva were all baptised, they are the children of a family that will be married and baptized in december, but the children are very strong and we felt that they should be baptized without waiting.  The three oldest are already talking about going on a mission, and the oldest wants to leave as soon as possible.  She might wait a little bit to go to the temple with her family though,we will see.  I had the privelige to baptize Dique, he is my same age, and is super awesome, he will be a great missionary when he serves here in a few years.  On sunday I had the privelige to confirm lindalva, she is the cutest little girl I have ever seen, and started refusing to let us leave without giving a hug.  She told me yesterday that she wants to marry me...  She is 9.  We will have another baptism here in a week, and because I will be close and she asked me to baptize her, I will try to be there because it is very close.  My new companion...  I don´t know who he is.  On the transfer slide it has me, and then my companion is blank. I only know that I am training him.  We heard that a few elders were delayed in the mtc, and will be here in a few weeks, so I think it is one of them.  But I do know that I am training.  I am super honored, and really nervous, but it should be a lot of fun especially because we are whitewashing.  I gave a talk in church yesterday.  We were a little behind, and so the bishop asked me to cut it from 10 minutes to 5, I did my best and went a little over at 7 minutes.  I was feeling really bad, but the last speak (the1st counselor in the stake presidency) didnt care, and he just got up and spoke for 35 minutes, which made it an almost 2 hr sacrament meeting.  It was definitely an adventure.  I cant think of much else cool happening,but I will let you know what I learn about my companion.  I love you all, and am so grateful for your love and prayers.  Please keep them coming. 
Love,
Elder Anthony Holt
Seovana, Dique, Djeni, Eron, and Lindalva were all baptized, they are the children of a family that will be married and baptized in December.
This is a picture I found on the Facebook page of the mom in the top picture, so I am not really sure who is who and the quality is not great.
Picture of me making cookies, I am learning how to do it all from scratch, they were really good, I also made peanut butter cookies this week.
Elder Holt with Lindalva, the girl he confirmed on Sunday.  She is 9 years old and she told him she wants to marry him.

No comments:

Post a Comment