Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, July 13, 2015

Sorry this isn't a kwality email (7-13-15/End of Week 17)

So this week I don't have a lot to write about.  We were just out here in T3 working, sweating, somedays freezing.  I had to wear a sweater 3 days this week.  It gets cold in africa, granted my body has adjusted a lot to the temperature here.  We kept teaching our investigators, we have 6 that will be baptized on the 25th, I am so excited, they are super awesome.  Especially Joana.  We met her on the first week of last transfer and invited her to church.  She felt like she should come and did for 3 weeks, and because of how many people we talk to, we didn't remember who she was.  As we visited her house we remembered knocking on the door, but anyways, she has progressed immensely and wants to be baptized so we will baptize her.  She has such trust in the Lord.  A few weeks ago we found out that she would have to leave the house she was in because the landlord's brother had been in a huge accident, and needed to come to T3 to be close to the hospital.  She prayed really hard and we prayed with and for her, and she found a house and she mad a huge sacrifice to stay within the area of the church.  She makes 1500 metacais a month( about $40)  And her rent is also 1500 a month.  She has no money for anything, but she has the faith to pay tithing, and I feel that she will be immensely blessed because of it.  I love these people so much, they are so humble and they are amazing, I have learned a lot about what living is really about, you don't need a million dollars, all you need is xima and beans and a smile.  Life is amazing here, I can't imagine being anywhere else, I love and miss you all, but the thought of home isn't home to me, I am Mozambiquan, and these are my people, so don't worry about me, I am the best place I can imagine, even if it is making me a little bald.

I Love you all, ate proxima,


Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment