Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Quick Changes (4-4-16)

So I dont remember if I mentioned that this could happen in my last email, but if I did or didnt, I can at least confirm it now.  On Monday night I recieved a phone call letting me know that I would be flying.  On saturday afternoon I got on an airplane in maputo, and I left maputo for the first time since I got to the mission.  I am now in Nampula.  It is the northernmost area in which missionaries serve in Mozambique, I basically flew all the way up the mozambiquan coast.  I think someone said that it was about the distance of san diego to portland, just to give you all an Idea of the size of my mission.  Plus there are still two provinces north of us, but we dont go there because there are too many muslims, and their family is required to kill them if they get baptized.  I think right now the church prefers we do baptisms for the dead, rather than having our baptisms die.  So yeah.  I was made a Zone Leader, and my zone is basically the size of the entire mission.  Our zone is all of the outside areas.  Those are the areas in which the church has a branch and needs missionary support, but where the church is still very small.  Our branch is the biggest, we have about 160 people that come weekly, hopefully we can get it divided soon, and we will be on our way to a district here, but that is still a little ways down the road.  But yeah, my new companion is Elder Mejia, we lived together for a transfer in Magoanine, he is a homie, he is from the bay area in california.  The last couple of days it has been three of us up here, Elder Moreno who is from Mexico City.  But he will fly down to maputo tonight.  It is Elder Mejias last transfer, so that will be fun, and we will only be together for about four weeks because of it.  But it will be a good time.  I dont know much about the area, I have only gotten a few hours in it, but the place I went to was sick.  In maputo it just felt like I was in a little bit of a ghetto city, but here it is like real freaking africa.  The place was all jungly and we were almost bushwhacking, we also crossed like three of these sketchy bridges, it was a good time.  It has been overcast since I got here, but the sun is shining so that is good.  There are a lot of muslims here so we have to be careful here as well, but african muslims are cool, they are kind of like sunday mormon mormons.  They go to church, but other than that they dont do much of anything.  I have seen so many muslim women without there headcoverings and stuff.  I was in a muslim store one time buying soccer jerseys, but the same store sold burkahs and stuff and this muslim lady walked in in front of us and took her burkah off and was trying on others.  I dont know if that is allowed but it happened.  It is a good thing I know this church is true because if we were wrong and they were right, I would probably get burned by Allah or something for that.  But yeah.  Sorry I dont have any super cool missionary stories to tell, the flight was good, really quick too.  I dont really have any other cool news, this kid from hurricane(he kept saying st. george but I corrected him, he wishes he was cool enough to live in st. george, hahah just kidding he´s a cool guy) came into the mission, my good friend Elder Payne is training him, so we went to lunch together before I left, the guy made me st. george trunky though, i never thought i would say that haha.  but have a good week I miss and love all of you.
Love,

Elder Anthony Holt
Mozambiquan Ambulance
my new waistline looks like something off a subway commercial

No comments:

Post a Comment