Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Friday, April 29, 2016

Dear People at Home (4-25-16)

So this was a good week here.  It was kind of a blur.  But we did a lot of good stuff, at least I think we did.  Sorry, I got here to the internet cafe and my mind kind of blanked.  But we had a man come up to us last sunday and he said he wanted to be taught by the missionaries, so of course we jumped on that.  It was cool, we got their to review the restoration and we tried calling him and he didn't answer his phone, just our luck.  So we were calling a member that lives near him and we dont know the members house, so we were trying to get him to come and meet us, but as soon as he picked up the call dropped, so we were super confused, turns out the phone died, so we were super concerned because we couldn't get to the house we didn't know where it was at.  We went to all the members that we knew to ask for help, but no one in that area was home, finally we were just going to leave and apologize later.  When we hear someone say, do you need some help?  we turned around to find a member who took us to the other members house, and when we got their the investigator was at his house as well waiting for us to teach him.  The lesson went well, he had already been taught by the missionaries and decided not to get baptized, but that was 6 years ago and he said he regretted that and so we started again. it looks like the teaching will go well so we are excited for that.  Then on sunday we had a family come and talk to us.  They said they were from Pemba, a city 5 hours to the north where there are no missionaries and no church, and that they had been in tete, another area in the mission where we have some missionaries, and that they had received the lessons, and they had all their documents ready and that they wanted to get married and baptized.  That is like the dream for missionaries, thank goodness for miracles.  It will still be a little difficult because they live really far away and they come to church as often as their money permits which is about once a month.  But in the next few months we will get it done and so that is super cool.  But yeah, miracles are the best, I love them.  I am super tired, but that is ok too.  I am doing well, everyone seems to be worried about my weight after that picture, but since it was taken, I have put on like 10 pounds so that is cool.  I am super good though, tired but good.  We had a member that I knew in Magoanine that I helped get to the temple come up here to Nampula to do some work, that was super cool to see him.  In a few weeks I will be down in Maputo for a leadership council so I am excited for that.  Elder Mejia goes home on Friday, and my new comp should get here on friday as well, if not, I will be with a member for a few days, but president is trying to get him up here asap.  We are going to do big things up here, I think we will be able to split the Branch, but we will have to see.  I love and miss you all.  I hope you have an awesome week.  Miracles are real, missions are the best.  
Love,

Elder Anthony Holt
Elder Mejias and I with a member from Magoanine that I helped get to the temple, he came up here to work for a little while.

A normal Mozambiquan house

A melon that a member gave us.

Elder Holt & Elder Mejias with a family who will be the first family from the city of Pemba that will baptize in a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment