Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Thursday, April 28, 2016

I am going to make a trunky comment just be warned!!! (4-11-16)

So i was talking with my comp this week, and we realized that I hit 9 months left on my mission.  I was going to make some joke about someone getting pregnant and then have a race to see who gets their first, me or the baby.  But I couldnt think of an appropriate way to phrase it, so I will just let you use your imagination.  But yeah, that was my trunky comment, I shouldnt be making any others.  So I really enjoyed hearing of all of the other missionaries who got to watch conference, I have not though, its all good, I think we will watch it next week, so sorry that I couldnt make any cool spiritual connections, but they should come.  This week was filled with me learning the city.  Thankfully I have an ok sense of direction, I think this area would drive most elders nuts.  IT IS SO BIG!!!!  My proselyting area consists of an entire city, and we are the only missionaries for some 300 miles I think.  So that is cool.  But it is also really hard.  I feel like we could do so much, but then we dont have the time because we have to divide our time evenly between the areas or else some areas dont get worked.  But I believe that it is possible and we will work hard to make it happen.  We do have two families thought that should be getting baptized.  The difficulty this time isnt the marriage traditions or anything, just the money.  But it is all good.  One of them lives one hundred percent off of what they grow in their house, but they are super cool and are going to succeed their names are Sergio and Rosalina.  They are super funny they always ask the missionaries to take a picture with them, and then they ask for the missionaries to print the photo and give it to them.  My camera died this week and I was too lazy to recharge it so it was a good excuse, but I apologize for the lack of pictures.  It has rained every day this week.  Not a ton, but it will sprinkle one morning and then be sunshine the rest of the day, or it will be hot all day and then rain all night, but it is fun.  We always get a little nervous when we go into certain areas on cloudy days because some of the areas will just turn to rivers if it rains enough and then getting out is impossible.  I am enjoying it here though.  I definitely need your prayers though.  I want to be the best missionary I can, so please pray for that for me.  I will pray for you all too.  I usually do.  I love you all a ton though and Miss you even more. 
Love,

Elder Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment