Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

We had a Baptism!!!! (3-28-16)

So yeah, this was a good week.  We had a baptism(2) incase you didnt read my subject line.  But Laura and Paula, the daughters of Mendes and Maria were baptized.  They havent missed a sacrament meeting since the day we found their family 4 months ago, except for a funeral.  But we waited a while to baptize them just because they are 20 and 21 year old women, and we didnt want to baptize them without their parents being baptized.  There mom has also come everytime, but their father is a stubborn old boy(not as stubborn as me, but stubborn nonetheless).  We wanted the parents to get married, so that the mom and daughters could be baptized but the dad wouldnt even do that one.  But we ended up feeling that we should baptize them, so we did.  They passed the interviews with flying colors, and the service went off without a hitch, other than we had to move into the chapel because so many people showed up, and we hadnt cleaned the chapel.  But it went well, elder stewart baptized one and I baptized the other.  We also found the richest family you could possibly imagine, and they seem to actually be progressing, I think I might have mentioned them, but they are super cool.  But yeah, after that we had a family night with our recent convert Helder.  We baptized him in december.  He has given us a couple of references and they are good families they just have a hard time coming to church because of the money, but we talked about how the sacrifice is worth it because of the blessings we recieve, and with that we had fantastic success they both came, plus another reference family.  References are so amazing give them to the missionaries they will call your name blessed for generations.  But yeah.  On sunday, I got pulled out of Elders Quorum by the first counselor in the primary presidency, it seems the children were being a bit obnoxious and she needed help in sharing time leading an activity, I could tell this poor woman was really stressed out, so I just had her sit down, and I led singing time.  SO MUCH BETTER THAN ELDERS QUORUM.  I felt like I was back in the zone.  But yeah I even made Elder Stewart dance for the kids because they were reverent, hahah.  Then that night we had a devotional in the city for easter.  I sang in a missionary musical number, that was really fun.  And it was really nice, for the first easter in my life, I didnt have the commercial distractions, as they dont commercialize easter here, but i really got to focus on the Savior.  Starting on Good Friday, I read the account of his crucifixion from both the new testament and jesus the christ, and on sunday morning I read the accounts of his ressurection.  The more we come to know the savior the more a part of our life he becomes and the capability of becoming like Him truly seems like a worthy goal, difficult but possible becuase of what He did for us.  I have even noticed a change in my behavior as I come to know Him better.  I think for the most part, knowing Him because you have seen Him isnt the way most of us should know Him, but as we try to mold our life around the pattern that he set I believe that we will know him personally, becuase he will become a part of us, even as He and the Father are one and to know him is to know the father, as we yield our will to his atonement and example we will know him because he will play such an integral part in our lives.  That being said I also believe that as we know him our knowing has the potential to become a personal "Face to Face" relationship, but that cant happen until we have done everything we can to know him without seeing him, and then as he did with the brother of jared we not he will tear the veil from before our own eyes.  Perfection is hard, but I believe it is possible.  A perfect life isnt and cant be easy, but a perfect life is made of of perfect days, perfect hours, perfect minutes or even perfect seconds and those are a little more doable.  Strung together little by little until we cant do anything but His will.  I am not sure, but I think these are my last days here in matola, I got an email from the APs Inviting me to the Zone Leader council and president told me I would be moving areas and getting some new responsibilities, so we will see what happens, I will let you know at my first chance.  Have a wonder ful week I will send the pictures in a second email.
Love, 
Elder Anthony James Holt

Baptism of Laura & Paula
Elder Holt with Laura & Paula and Elder Stewart


A Random Monkey that played with Elder Holt & his companion for a few minutes.
Elder Holt with some primary girls at the devotional, African children are so amazing.
MTC Group










No comments:

Post a Comment