Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, March 14, 2016

Os Meus Queridos (3-14-16)

Whats up my family and friends.  Life is good here in the land of big everything.  Like everything here is huge, except the people and the buildings.  For the first time in my life I am pretty tall, haha.  But yeah, this week was good.  We had a lot of rain .... Finally.  I think they said there would have been a national crisis had it not rained this week.  But from tuesday night to sunday morning I didnt see the sun.  It wasnt ever really pouring, but it was a constant fall, and everything was wet.  It was the first time in my mission that I had worn boots to work.  I wore them for three days.  It was really funny, becuase everyone here get super worried about the puddles and tries to avoid them, and on thursday elder stewart and I were walking, and we walked past a street bar and all these guys were in there drunk, and didnt see us with boots, and we were walking and there was this puddle like 20 feet wide and 40 feet long, and we just walked right into it.  And these guys started freaking out.  Like, careful there is water, you can walk there, you are going to get wet, and all kinds of other stuff, and when we got into the water they started screaming, all because they couldnts see our boots. it was so funny.  I wanted to go back and say, o ye of little faith, if Jesus could walk on water and we are representatives of him of course we can too, but i decided that was a little blasphemous and didnt do it.  But this week was good, we are still finding like crazy, 21 new investigators this week.  Unfortunately all but one came to church.  But the one that came to church was a reference, I am telling you, references are like gold, in all parts of the world.  JUST GIVE THEM TO THE MISSIONARIES, we will call your name blessed, because we love working with references, and if you say you dont know anyone go repent, becuase you are lying to yourself.  We are really working with our ward to get the spirit of missionary work up, we had a fast as a ward yesterday for it, and we have planned trainings and activities and everything, we just have to get the leaders and members to get with it.  Our bishop told us yesterday that he was worried that we would have more work that we could do, it was really hard not to laugh, I just told him we would cross that bridge when we got there.  But yeah, our familes are going alright, they just have to come to church, or give birth so they can come to church, but yeah.  This week I did something I have been planning on for a long time, and put up like 20 pictures of the savior, it really helped me to be more motivated becuase I know this is his work and sometimes I forget who I am serving, but it has helped a ton, and if any of you all send me letters feel free to include pictures of the savior (or other gospel art), I will try and send a picture, and the bigger it gets the more pictures I will send.  But I know this is His work and I am but His servant, and what a pleasure it is to serve Him.  I Love and Miss you all have a great week.
Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

My Jesus Wall
Elder Stewart and Elder Holt found an air hockey table last p day.
Family Night

No comments:

Post a Comment