Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Nossa Lei e Trabalhar (3-21-16)

So I think I already used this subject line, but its not like you all speak portugues, so whatever.  This week was a week of a lot of work, what more can I say.  Lot of work, little results.  Me and elder stewart went into the area, and we worked hard, and things just didnt happen.  But it ended well.  We have two investigators that passed their baptismal interviews this week, and will be getting baptised this weekend.  We also sat in the biggest, nicest house I have ever sat in my entire mission.  We didnt really sit in it, so much as in their backyard, which had a pool by the way, they had three cars, a pool and a basketball court, I thought I was back in america again.  But yeah, they seemed to be receptive to the mission, and unlike most people they seemed to understand us. They went to South Africa over the weekend, like I said they are loaded, so they couldnt come to church, but we will see how they do this week.  We also had 22 people that tried to come to church, they all went to the same member that has a 5 person car to ask for rides at the same time.  They live about a 2hour walk from the church, and both families are poor and huge, so to get chapa money would destroy them for like a week.  So we have been praying to have a miracle, and I think what we are going to do is ask them to make the sacrifice and walk, I cant think of much more we can do, but I ask that you pray for them, they will need all the faith they can get, but I truly believe that if they exercise their faith they will be blessed, The parents names are Tomas and Rosa, and Gastao and Fernanda, I would list the children but there are tons of them, and we are still learning all their names.  But yeah, we are just gonna start a modern day pioneer movement.  But yeah, we had zone conference this week, it was reallyh good, we are working as a mission to build our faith, and it is definitely necessary, I have a lot to do, and am grateful for the chance.  But yeah, I also gave a talk about facing adversity in sacrament meeting the other day, that was fun, some guy came up and asked for a copy of my talk, but I just had outlines with sources that I had in my mind only, so I felt honored, but at the same time I had nothing to give him, oops.  I swear talking on teh mission is a pain, I have so much study time to use, but then I have so much to do studying for my investigators that it just gets put til the next day and then the next, and then its sunday morning and I am writing my talk, ooops.  But yeah, I also went to renew my legality in the country this week, i have been here over a year now, so that is pretty long, but yeah.  With easter being this week, I just want to say, that I know my savior lives, and I am so grateful for the oppurtunity that I have to represent him among this people that so dearly need him.  I am sorry I dont have any poems or anything to write today, but all I can say is, I know He lives.  May we let Him into our lives.  Have an awesome week.
Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment