Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, October 19, 2015

Bom Dia (10-19-15)

FUN VIDEOS OF ELDER HOLT DANCING THE MARABENTA!
(a traditional Mozambiquan Dance) 
Video Credits thanks to Neila!


So it looks like my days in magoanine have come to an end.  Today is transfers, and for some reason the transfer slide hasnt been sent out yet, at least I havent gotten it, but I have been told by many people that I am going drumroll.... back to the matola zone.  I will be going to matola 2c, but that is still slightly debateble because I havent seen the slide, but I will be training, if that changes though, I will let you know.  This week was super fun, we had zone conference, that was super cool because I got asked to be a translator for those who didnt speak english.  I was very honored, but thankfully it wasnt my first time, but my last time translating was for president kretly and he has a super different accent from president koch, so it took me a little while to get used to hearing president kochs.  But the best part about it was that because it would kill someone to translate for 8 hours straight, we divide in partners and 2 people translate for 3-4 and switch every 30 minutes.  Anyways my team translator was none other than my Trainer, Elder Keck, it was super fun to get to go from him translating for me, to us translating together for my trainees.  The next day we had some difficulties because of rain and power outages, we were walking in rain above our ankles and everyone decided that we weren't working that night, but we really were.  We had a lot of lessons fall this week, and between that and meetings it wasnt the best of weeks.  But it was all good.  We got soaked through and that was fun, afterward we had a new elder come to the house.  The transfers just came out and I will be in Matola 2c training elder Sharpe he is a new elder and I translated for him at zone conference.  But yeah, the next day we had an activity, so we spent the next day learning the marabenta, and that was fun, I think my mom has a copy of the video, the file is to big to email, but I think that a friend from the ward sent it home.  We had our three baptism after that, I only got a photo with one of them, but I will have elder combs send me a copy of the pictures he has, so you will get that next week.  It was a great week though.  I am really sad to go, but I have a new adventure awaiting me, so that is really nice.  I am excited and loving the work.  I think the best thing I have had this week was when I got to really feel the love of christ for my investigators.  I think I realized that when you tell people you love them, you really start to love them.  So I love all of you.

Love,

Elder Anthony Holt
BAPTISM!

No comments:

Post a Comment