Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Saturday, June 13, 2015

O poder de Piri-Piri / Week 11 (June 1, 2015)

Boa Tarde Ya'll,

So this week has been interesting.  To start with, I will explain the subject line.  Piri-Piri is hot sauce, the only kind that exists here.  We have a little bottle in our house and the other day I put a few drops in my egg.  Within a few hours my stomach was rumbling, and all the sudden, my plans changed in a heart beat.  I was sick for 2 days, and it was really bad.  We lost a lot of time in the area.  A few days after I looked at the bottle of piri-piri sauce and realized why I was sick.  This bottle sits on our microwave and it has been there for a long time.  Long before I got here, and a long time before then.  I was reading a tiny little part of the label that says to refrigerate.  Well it has been everything but refrigerated for 6 or so months.  I was thinking about that today and learned a little lesson.  I think I put three drops on my egg, just enough for a little flavor. 3 drops.  I was sick for 2 days because of three drops.  We all have instructions in our life, we all know what we should and shouldn't do.  But how many of us are 100% obedient 100% of the time.  I am not, I am trying so hard to be.  Had I been, I would have not been sick for 2 days.  But what can these three drops of expired hot sauce represent.  Movies, music, sports.  You choose.  I had three drops and was out for two days.  What is the power of a 3 minute dirty song.  I don't know.  But I have made a lot of mistakes in my life and as I reflect, how many of those mistakes were caused because of 3 minutes in a place we shouldn't have been, 3 hours in an innapropriate movie.  I don't yet understand it, but if three drops put me out for three days, I can't the effects of 3 minutes of bad music.  It is devestating.  We must live worthy of our covenants at all times, not just when we are preparing for a mission, not just when we are about to get married.  We have to foolow every commandment, not just the ones we understand, or can read.  Obedience is huge, and I am trying to be better, I hope this wasn't a weird analogy, but I really learned from it.

Anyways, in our area, this was also a really hard week.  We dropped 6 families that werent progressing, so we will be finding a lot this week.  It is so difficult to have someone tell you that they have prayed and recieved and answer, but that same person won't come to church, and won't follow the spirit.  I know that every single one of these families knows.  I could see it in their eyes, and it is so hard to watch them decide not to follow their sacred response.  I know that we will find someone though, it might take a long time, but I know that somewhere in our area, we will find someone who will be baptized.  I got to teach gospel principles yesterday, so yeah, that was really nice.  I have never been to "Adult" sunday school for myself, and yesterday I taught it in a foreign language.  It was a lot of fun though.  I can't think of much else that is going on here.  I am turning into an african in at least one way though.  It was like 70 degrees last night, and I was cold.  It was bad.  Hopefully my skin will relfect the change here in a few months.  I hope all is well, and wish you all the best. You are in my prayers, but not my thoughts because I don't want to get trunky.  Also I am starting to understand why my dad thought he could cut hair so well.  I have been asked for 3 haircuts this week, they were all different, and I think they all looked pretty nice.  so yeah, I am basically a professional.

Love you all,

Elder Anthony Holt

When you make your chick-fil-a run back home, you can show this to Deven or Brandon, and tell them thanks for letting me learn how to make delicious lemonade.  And that I miss the juicer, It took 20 minutes to do 15 lemons.  But my house loves me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment