Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, June 22, 2015

End of Week 14

Bom Dia,

So this week was really interesting.  On monday my companion Elder Mataveis got a call saying he was leaving for tete.  All of the other transfers were moved until wednesday.  But that was all good.  I walked in a tripla with elder carvalho and elder tanner for monday and tuesday.  We had a giant familiy night on monday which was fun.  I also learned that a lot of times you don't know about miracles for a while.  So they have an investigating family named Silva and Teresa.  The story behind them is super intersting.  She was baptized in 2008 in Beira, and was active for about a year.  She and silva moved down here and basically forgot abuot the church.  She tried to get him to come to church a lot, but he was never interested.  So then about 3 weeks ago I was on division with elder adams in my old are and I was trying to take a shortcut that elder keck and I would always use.  But we got lost.  We ended up like a mile and a half outside of our are in zona verde and there was no one around to help us.  That past sunday I had fasted that we could find someone to that would actually progress, but in this moment I was really distracted trying to find where we were.  There was no one on the road, and I said aquick little prayer that we would find the road or someone to help us.  Immediately after someone grabbed my hand.  I turned around and here was this woman who looked like she was in her mid 30's.  (in mozambique grabbing someones had is a way to get their attention, it is really hard to describe) but she started talking to us, and I asked how to get back to t3.  She didn't even care to answer, she told me that she was from Beira and hadn't been to church in a long time(6yrs) and that we were the first elders she had seen in zona verde in that time.  She knew where the church was but never went.  So being good little missionaries, we invited her to church and her family.  We also took her husbands number to give to the elders in zona verde.  She hasn't missed a sunday since then, and neither has her husband.  They are working on marriage and baptism, and they are an awesome family.  I didn't hear this side of the story until this family night, and it made a lot of hard nights and weeks worth it.  Also they helped us not be lost anymore, so that was really nice too.  On wednesday we had transfers and I got my new companion.  His name is Elder Brown.  We are staying in T3, but they shut my old area, so we took half of that as well.  He is from provo, and is a ton of fun.  We have worked really hard and put together a good plan for the area.  Tomorrow we will be able to take off running and I am super excited.  We have a lot of potential for success and I can't wait.  Other than that I can't think of too much to say.  I love you all, thank you for your prayers and support, we feel it every day.  Until next week.

Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment