Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, June 15, 2015

I Finished Training... Finally / Week 13

So today is a day to celebrate because I finally finished training.  It was a long 12 weeks, but I am glad to be out.  I support the church wholeheartedly, but I swear.  They wanted me to practice law of chastity invites in week 11, and I have asked people to live the law of chastity since my first day out here.  So enough of my little rant, but this week has been good.  It was the last week of the transfer and unfortunately we lost a lot of time.  We worked tuesday and wednesday full days, but we had district meeting moved to thursday as well as weekly planning so we only had like a half day in the area on thursday, Friday was zone conference, and saturday we had a wedding, baptism, and activity.  I can't think of much super interesting things that happened in the area in the first of the week, but we did have a really hard lesson with one of my favorite families.  They decided to push their wedding back until december which was heartbreaking because they know this is true and I don't think we explained the importance of baptism to them very well.  But on thursday we prepared a lesson where we watched E Um Milagre, and then we brought the family that was baptized on saturday with us.  They bore strong testimony, and I really feel that Sergio and Elisa will decide to be married and baptized now and have a party later.  We had another huge miracle this week as well that really built my testimony of fasting.  Mussa and Rosa some of our investigators have been living seperate for the whole transfer, they had the marriage process open and everything and she left him because his mom has really bad mental problems and rosa couldn't handle it anymore.  The problem is they have two children, and they were just kind of going back and forth all transfer of living together for a few days and then she'd leave again.  I prayed and studied for them a lot, and last week I felt that I should just be direct with them.  It was kind of funny looking back.  I the 18 year old had to tell the 22 year olds that they needed to grow up.  I told them that they either need to get married and stay that way or separate and stay that way.  We gave them a week to pray and think about it.  That sunday was fast sunday, and I fasted for them.  THen when we visited this last week they told us that they would get married.  It truly was a miracle and I am so grateful they softened their hearts.  We had zone conference this week, which was awesome.  I love President Kretly's presentations, he is a very entertaining presenter.  It was kind of funny, so I still have to sit in the translation section which is really annoying, but our translator were apart of zone conference for like an hour, so I ended up translating for the other people in the translation section.  A lot of missionaries told me it was a funny sight, but the gift of tongues is so real.  The transfer also came to a close, which meant Elder Larsen, one of my best freinds here on the mission was going home.  It was really sad to see him go, he has helped me out a ton out here, but he will do good stuff back in america too.  My comp is also going to tete today.  The rest of transfers were moved to wednesday though, so I will be walking in a tripla today and tomorrow until I get my new comp.  I think I might stay here and I would be so happy if that happened because we have 3 families that should be baptized this next transfer.  I can't think of much else, but I love you all and am so grateeful for your support.  Your prayers are definitely felt. 

Com Amor,

Elder Anthony James Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment