Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Feliz Invierno / Week 12 (June 8, 2015)

Boa Tarde,

So this week was pretty nice.  I want to start out by giving a shoutout to my mother, for all the times she yelled at me to do the dishes.  I sure learned how to do my dishes, but the most important thing is that I learned how to yell at people for not doing their dishes.  I don't know if I am growing up, or just at my wits end, but I started noticing me doing things my mom did a lot during this week.  Like always checking lights, and getting frustrated for not shutting doors.  I am still working on the whole be organized thing, but I just would be chill if the only books I needed were my book of mormon and a bible, because 90% of the time that is all I use.  We had a good week in the area though.  We left a lot of families because they weren't progressing, but our families continue to do well that are progressing.  We have two families that should be baptized in the next transfer, so that is super exciting, it is possible to have a third, but I don't know.  We also found a lot this week.  I have started to understand a lot more about the reason that Jesus related missionary work to fishing.  It is basically the same thing, granted we don't eat our success.  I have basically decided that there are two types of missionaries.  The Rod fisherman, and the net fisherman.  Right now I am trying to be as much of a net fisherman as possible.  I made a compromise basically with my comp that we will not skip houses when we knock doors, and that if we are knocking that we will plan where and when, and that we will knock every house possible.  It has been a lot more successful than passing a billion and a half houses to only knock the people who have cars.  Unfortunately this week we missed the contact goal.  I was really angry because it was because of a lack of planning, and should have been avoided, I tried and tried and felt like I got 25 of our 30 contacts by myself, but I guess I just have to be more patient and just deal with it.  This is the last week of my training, so that is nice.  I am honestly done with training.  The 12 weeks program is good, but it is too long.  It is telling me that I need to learn how to make baptismal invites during this week, but I have honestly been doing baptismal invites since before week one.  I also have had like no appetite since I got sick last week, so I am only eating what I need to walk during the days, really this just means I have watched the pounds fall off.  I have lost 6-8 the last few weeks, I am almost where I was going into the MTC.  But I think I have grown an inch, so that my cause some differences too.  This week is Zone Conference, and I am SOOO excited, it is gonna be a blast.  I can't think of much else good to say, and the internet cafe is playing the song Thinking Out Loud, and so I am gonna end this and not be apostate.  I love you all, and miss you too, sorry if my grammar sucks, I don't really remember much english, I don't speak it very much.

Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment