Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

MTC Week 1


Hey, so Tuesday is my P-Day, so thats why I'm writing today.  The first week had been a lot of fun, and a lot of work.  My companion is Elder Ryan, he is heading to Cape Verde but is also speaking Portuguese.  There are two other elder companionship in my district.  Elder Walton and Elder Copitzky, as well as Elder Karl and Elder Lunt.  The sisters from our district our Sister Thomas and Sister Miller, and Sister Kohlert and Sister Larsen.  Me, Elder Walton, Elder Copitzky, and Sister Thomas are all going to Mozambique. The others are headed to Cape Verde.  We started learning the Language from day one, and it is very overwhelming, but it is coming, and I have seen the Miracle of the Gift of Tongues a million times in the last week.  My teacher is Irma Kimball, she served in Brazil.  We have been teaching an investigator in Portuguese since day 2, his name is Angelo, and the spirit is so strong when we teach him.  We do not know Portuguese much more than a child, but they say that out of the mouth of babes many will be confounded, and the simplicity of the messages coupled with a sincere desire to teach by the spirit makes the lessons amazing, we have had three lessons already, and the spirit is stronger than I have ever felt when I am teaching him.  On thursday we got to meet our Branch Presidency, our president is President Brough.  He is very disciplined, and we have a lot of things that most other zones don't, but I really like the discipline.  I know the rules are for our benefit, and it leaves out a lot of gray area.  Sunday was amazing, It was my first away from my family, but it was so amazing.  The sacrament was in Portuguese, and I got to go to Elders Quorum for the first time (I guess I finally graduated from Primary).  We also had missionary choir and a Devotional that evening, as we were singing, and throughout the devotional, the spirit was so strong, you counldn't help but feel amazing.  I was kind of sick since friday, but I went to the doctor, and it isn't strep, or a sinus infection, so it is all good.  Other than that the week is great.  If you want to know what the MTC is like, it is a lot of studying, 10 Hours a day, a lot of praying, probably 100 times a day, and a lot of trusting Heavenly Father,  basically 24/7.  It has been amazing so far, and I look forward to more experiences to tell you all about, and I hope to keep hearing from you, If you send your emails as a dearelder.com letter, they will forward it to my mail box, and I can read it physically the next day.  I love all of you, and am grateful for all of your prayers.  Please keep them coming.  For those of you getting ready to put your papers in, remember that "The Lords calls first, and then he qualifies, and If You have a desire to serve, Ye are called to the work."  I love all of you and miss you all. 

Tchow,


Elder Anthony James Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment