Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, May 23, 2016

The fastest slow week ever...(5-16-16)

So this week was weird, after last P-day, we went and had a family night, it was at a random member that invited us and so we went, and they ran it instead of us.  BIG MISTAKE, it turned into like an hour lone discourse and the power was out and it was dark, so I fell asleep on accident, haha.  But it was all good because they gave us bread and butter afterward.  Elder Taukiuvea has got me really liking bread and butter.  Then we went home and packed for our "vacation" we flew down to maputo first thing tuesday, and went and visited my recent converts, so that was sick, then on Wednesday we had a Leadership council with all the Zone Leaders, the SIster Leaders, the assistents, and President and Sister Koch.  It was really good, we learned a lot, and they got pizza for us.  They also have a pizza hut in maputo now, so Elder Taukiuvea and I hit that up as well.  The conference ended around noon, and we said goodbye to all our homies, because they went back to Swazi beira and their areas, our flight wasn't until thursday so we didn't really know what to do.  We tried to go out to Matola to visit some other recent converts, but the traffic was really bad, so we turned around and explored maputo.  We found a store that sold PASTEURIZED MILK, i just about pooped my pants, I got a liter, and then we went to the beach and watched the sunset while we drank real milk.  I forgot how bad UHT milk is, and it was a wonderful change.  Then we went to dinner, and went home.  A really good friend from Magoanine was in the office that night, as he was about to leave on his mission to South Africa, he had been in Tete for two transfers waiting on his visa and it came so he is in Jo-burg right now and after 6 weeks in the MTC he will go to durban.  I forgot to get a picture with him though, it was cool though because I was their the night he got his call, and I was his zone leader for a transfer.  We caught up a little bit and went to bed, or at least I tried.  Turns out my body is not used to vacationing and I was up all night super sick, I finally threw up about 4h30 in the morning.  That sucked, but I started feeling better.  It was super sucky, I was blowing up both ends, and I had a flight to catch first thing in the Morning.  Elder Combs gave me a blessing though, and then we headed out, I made it fine to Nampula, but am still recovering.  Not sure what caused it, but it is all good.  I am better now, and ready to get back in the swing of things, with the trip we couldn't get much work done, and the sickness didn't help, but we are going to do work.  Elder Taukiuvea and I have a goal of 20 baptisms for our area for the transfer, and every day of hard work behind us we are getting a little closer to that goal, so I am super happy.  We are having more investigators and families in church than I have ever had in my mission, which is super awesome.  We are just trying to help the branch be better so they can support the soon-to-be recent converts.  But to follow up, the sister I told you all about is progressing well, we will give her a baptismal date this week.  She is reading the Book of Mormon and is super concerned about her daughters understanding the doctrine, but we are helping them all, we just need to help her husband, he is a little harder, but you all know I am really stubborn, so I am not too worried.  I hope you all have a good week, and enjoy the coming warmth, I am enjoying a break from the inferno we have had as it starts to drift from the hot season to the not-as-hot season.  Thanks for your love and support. 
Love,

Elder Anthony Holt
Elder Holt enjoying "REAL" milk (pasteurized),
while watching the sunset on the beach in Maputo.
Elder Holt dying on the plane, apparently he got sick before heading back to Nampula. 


No comments:

Post a Comment