Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, May 23, 2016

Sorry if this letter is bad (5-9-16)

Sorry if this letter is bad, I talked to my family yesterday and told them everything already...

But yeah, so skype was good.  It is weird that I have done another one.  I am not trunky at all, but dang the time is going by way too fast.  It was good to talk to the fam bam though and hear about normal life.  I hope I wasn't too weird for them.  But I guess since I cant really think of much to say I will tell a story about what happened last night other than skype.  Really this story starts last tuesday, so yeah, after we finished internet we went up the road where we were asked by a prostitute if we wanted a massage, boy was that a loaded question.  Of course I want the massage, but not from you, and not with everything else your tryna get, haha.  But that is Mozambique for you.   And now that the spirit has jumped out the window let me try to call it back, haha.  Right afterwards we got to a crossroads and we didn't know what to do, we didn't know where we should go find.  So we did something most missionaries will never do.  We went to the rich part of town and started knocking doors.  After being turned down by a lot of muslims and guards who were too lazy to go and call their owners we were a bit frustrated, but yeah, we kept going and right before we went home we got to a door and knocked it.  And from the patio on the second story of the house a woman called, "yes" and we said, "we are missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and we are here to share a message of Jesus Christ with you." She asked for a minute and then sent her niece down to get our number.  We were bummed because everyone asks for our number but they never call, but nonetheless we gave her a pamphlet about the Restoration with our number.  Then we were going to walk away, but I had taken my watch off earlier and decided I wanted to put it back on at that moment, and as I pulled it out, it fell apart, something it had never done before nor ever done since, and it took me a few minutes to get it back together, as I got it on, this women who wouldn't come talk to us, came down the stairs, and told us she was a doctor and she was treating someone in her house but to come back tomorrow at 17.  So we came back, and we knocked and no one came, and so we left and never planned on coming back, at least until a few days later when I got a phone call early in the morning while I was making breakfast.  It was from her and she asked why we didn't come by, we explained that we came and knocked and no one answered, she invited us again on Sunday afternoon, and we invited her to church.  Once again I didn't think much of it, but I put it in my planner, and on sunday morning, she came.  So that was cool, we confirmed the visit and came by on sunday afternoon and taught the restoration, to which she said, "Well I already know that, I read it in your pamphlet."  So we invited her to pray and helped her understand how God would answer, to which she said, "I know that God will answer, I have been very concerned lately because I want my daughters to go to church, but I most churches have things that aren't part of church, they aren't in the Bible.  But what you taught me makes sense and so I will ask Him and He will answer.  I know because that first day you came was a super hard day for me and I was very depressed when I prayed to the Lord and said, 'God I need a sign, that you love me, and I need to know what I should do with my life.' and then within an hour you two knocked on my door.  How could you be anything other than an answer to my prayers.  And if the Lord responded to that prayer of course He will respond to my prayer about the church and Joseph Smith.  I have faith that he will."   

Those stories dont just go in the Liahonas or Conference, they are real.  I am a testimony of that, I have lived it and seen it.  This is the Lords work and it will go forward.  There is no way that thousands of people pray for help and recieve it within hours from the missionaries and members of the church by coincidence.  This is a real work, so if you dont believe it, trust in my words and one day you will know.  I love the Lord and this work, and I Love all of you.  
Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment