Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, May 23, 2016

My Dear Family (5-23-16)

Sometimes I wish I could just write you all in Portuguese, so I wouldn't get such a headache writing in English, but the computers here all use stolen keyboards from south africa so they dont have the accents and stuff and google translate wouldn't understand.  But Anyways this was a good week.  It was a lot of adjusting from last week where we did nothing.  I have always thought that it would be super nice if at your year mark the church gave you a week break and then you could start again.  But after a 3-4 day break, it has been a nightmare getting back into the swing of things.  My legs hurt like my first week, and I am always super tired(granted that is nothing new).  But I am getting back in the game.  This was a weird week.  Our investigators had some difficulties, but I think they will overcome them.  And as much as we worked I dont feel like we did all that much so that is pretty cool, NOT.  But this week will be better.  I found out missionaries are now allowed to wear hats and sunglasses, so that is cool, we will have a good time looking like the Men in Black.  At least I am not near any sisters, it would be super weird seeing them wearing pants, haha.  On tuesday we gave a training to our zone.  It was good, super weird as we did it by skype, but other than the distance technology is nice as it lets us connect.  Hopefully it will help the work move forward.  Unfortunately I feel as if their is a lack of maturity, but we will keep working on it.  The rest of the days we did work.  Our finding was interesting, this dude took us to his house to teach his family, but he didn't walk so he brought his bike, he was convinced that he could carry me and Elder Taukiuvea and himself on the bike.  even though us two together probably weigh four times as much as this little fellar.  Needless to say he was insistant, and I sat on the back, my butt has never hurt so bad, and my legs were sore from hold them up so they didn't drag on the ground.  I wish I could have gotten a picture.  Boy were we a sight.  We got to the house, and it turns out the dude was a nut, so it was all for nought and then it started raining on the way back.  We wont be returning to his house.  We found a lot of muslims, and we dont teach them, so that was too bad.  Other than that we were also able to do some work with the Branch President.  If you weren't aware, unfortunately there is still a lot of tribalism here in this part of the country and somehow it has creeped its way into the congregation and they are creating little divisions amongst themselves.  Needless to say I was a little ticked off to hear that.  We will be teaching the members a lot about order in the coming weeks.  But in all we have made a plan with the branch president to help things be better, so that is what we will do.  Other than that I am just going to keep working and doing what I can.  Thanks for your love and support.  I pray for you all and hope you all have good weeks.  
Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment