Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Sunday, February 21, 2016

well like wow... (2-8-16)

So yeah, it has been a year since I sent my first one of these, so that is pretty cool.  But other than that not much changed.  To celebrate my year mark, I did.... nothing.  So yeah, it just kind of came and went.  But, yeah, I had probably the longest, hardest days of my mission the day before, so I was just wasted on the actual day.  But we did find some cool people to teach on that day, so what better way to celebrate.  Yeah, I had a division with the zone leaders on tuesday, and I was with elder ellingson, he like me really enjoys walking.  So naturally we walked... alot.  But even for us walkers, we were dead at the end of the day.  We went out at 10 and started working.  And we got really far out, and so it was kind of stupid to go back for lunch, because it would have wasted like 2.5 hours, so we ate out in the area, KFC woot woot.  I realized that something is wrong with us missionaries, becuase we both bought a family meal each and then a 2 liter of coke, and we ate it, at it was good, but like I think I still could have eaten more, haha.  Normally you walk out of a lunch like that with a stomach so full it hurts, but I walked out, burped and was ready to go.  Elder Ellingson goes home in a few weeks, and said he is going to miss being set apart as a missionary, because when you are set apart you can litterally eat anything and still be a little hungry, haha.  We missionaries know how to eat.  But then we had a full day of work afterwards, and skipped our language study, finally we had a lesson go a little long and then the chapas were bad, so we got home like 5 minutes late. it was the hottest day of the year, and it was work, but it felt really good to do it.  Except for the little sunburn I got, which was the first I have had in like 9 months.  But then we had a good week teh rest as well.  Especially on sunday.  MENDES FINALLY CAME TO CHURCH!!!!!  I was super bummed out because we found a ton, but no one came, and then as I walked out I saw mendes, and I honestly just about cried.  But yeah, that night we sat with him and his family and his wife and daughters already have super strong testimonies, and so we revised the restoration and then we all bore testimony to him.  And then at the end I said, "Now Mendes, everyone here has testified that they know it is true, and they have testified of the blessings of it, so would you like to know as well?" he said yes and I said, "Well then what you are going to do is get on your knees right now and ask the Lord if Joseph smith was a prophet."  We got down on our knees he prayed very humbly, and asked if Joseph was a prophet or not.  And I will say there is no better feeling than being able to tell him how he is feeling, becuase the spirit is telling you how he feels, and helping him Identify the spirit.  He is still a stubborn man but it was a great experience.  I was given a testimony of fasting again, becuase I have never had such hard fast as that one, but I would do it a million times again to help these people see why this is important.  I know this work is real, and I am grateful that the Lord Trusts me to take part in it.  I miss you and love you all so much, have an amazing week.

Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment