Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, February 1, 2016

I could put my week number, but who cares, counting is for the trunky... (1-25-16)

So I promise I am not trunky at all, but it seems like everyone else is pretty trunky for me, they all like to remind me that I am at my year mark almost, but my comp has even counted the days for me, haha.  He just does it to mess with me though, he knows better than to be trunky, becuase I will out trunk him every day.  So this week was a blast.  We got to work, and we had a transmission from the members of the missionary board.  It was really cool.  Elder Andersen spoke to start, and he mentioned that this next month he and sister andersen would be visiting The Congo, Zambia, and Moçambique.  Right after this the connection cut out for a minute and President turned around and says to everyone, So I would say that counts as confirmed right?  President is super funny, he is very strong but humble man, and he is always joking with people about something or another.  He likes to poke fun at me for my hair, the other day at zone conference we were getting a training from one of the senior couples about finances, and they mentioned that mission money could be used for personal grooming item, and president was sitting behind us, and say, "Elder Holt, you can't use it on hair gel though"  Then later in the day, he went up to Elder Sharpe and pulls out his comb and starts combing his hair, and says to a missionary next to him, "Hey do think I could get my hair to look like elder sharpes"  and then asks how long it takes him to use a thing of gel, to which president responds, "You got to talk to Elder Holt and tell him to train you better."  It was all really funny, President is a fantastic person.  This week elder sharpe and I suffered a lot of frustration.  We have a goal of averaging 5 lessons a day, which is super possible in our area, hard, but possible. But this week it seemed like all of our confirmed lessons fell, but the surprise ones worked out, so we just stopped calling and finally hit a 6 lesson day.  Our investigators are doing well.  I would like to ask for special prayers for an investigator named Mendes Fijomba.  He is the father of a fantastic family.  They are all progressing well, but he has been open to our visits but closed to change.  We think he isnt understanding well, but his family has progressed excessively, and they are ready and willing to do anything to get baptized, but without him, we cant baptize them.  So he needs all of your help.  But I am learning little by little this week, about a lot of things.  But especially praying with more sincerity.  I joke with my companion, that while most people prefer prayers like a long-distance quick call, I prefer skype session prayers.  But I am learning that prayer is really a communication with our Father in Heaven, and if we will shut our mouths/minds for a little bit he always has some pretty profound things to say.  I have also had a reinforcing of my testimony of repentance, in an experience more sacred to I prefer to share via email, I have come to know that my savior died for me.  And I can say like one of my favorite hymns, "I tremble to know that for me He was crucified."  I am not perfect nor close, but I am in the painful and fulfilling process of perfection and purification.  It isnt easy, but it cant be, and I testify that Jesus Christ is who He say He is.  He did what He says He did, and through and by Him and Him alone, can we be clean from sins, and enjoy all the blessing of the eternal gospel of the Lord.  That is my testimony, and I know it is true.  It has come from a billion frustrations, and countless nights on my knees, endless heartaches a little homesickness, and a lot of inadequacy, and with the time I have had so far, this has been a recipe for my testimony.  I am here because of the unrepayable debt I owe to him.  And I also know something my mom taught m with cooking, but I will apply it to testimonies.  It has a lot more flavor if you cook it slower and really take care of it. It is the seed spoken of in Alma 32, there is know better analogy to a testimony.  And as you will notice in the scriptures, the fruits of the testimony, are more abundant than the roots.  So have a faith filled week.

Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment