Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, February 1, 2016

So its been a year... (2-1-16)

Since so many of you decided to remind me of the fact that it has been a year, I just decided to make it m subject line.  this year has been filled with ups and downs, mostly ups though, but they all say I am on the downhill now.  A lot of you asked if I would be doing anything to celebrate my year, so here it is.  When I was packing for my mission I put 8 white shirts and 8 pairs of Underwear in a space bag and sealed it.  I will be opening it on thursday morning.  Other than that I dont plan on doing anything.  In our mission we dont burn anything, it is kind of a waste to be honest, I know many people that would kill for a white shirt, even a dirty one.  But yeah, I also might go eat like 6 krushers at kfc, it is basically a oreo milkshake, it is pretty nice.  But yeah, I will be working though.  Other than that, this week was good.  Unfortunately we got home from email last week, and Elder Sharpe took a nap, and when I woke him up to get ready to go out, he wasnt feeling to well, poor guy had a pretty high fever.  But we let him rest, and he is doing great now, but the week was pretty slow.  I did get to have some good time to read the scriptures, and such.  the doctrice and covenants is pretty dope.  I am recognizing a lot of things that never stuck out to me before the mission.  But I also read some really good talks on being bold, and it was basically revelation.  I have been having a really hard time lately with teaching,because I feel like it doesnt matter how many times I repeat the same things over and over, and how simply I explain things the investigators dont understand.  But I read a transcript from a former district president in the mtc and he said, explain to them how to pray and exactly how they are going to do it and what they will say (thanks for the missionaries, thanks for this new knowledge, is it true, did joseph smith really restore the true church, etc...)  then you just get on your knees and say, alright, you need this prayer more than I do, so you are going to say it. We used that technique once this week, and it worked, now we just have to help the rest of this family, they are super busy and a pain to sit with, but it will work out.  I also had a really cool experience this week.  So on saturday we passed by an investigator and taught them, his wife though had had something wrong with her, and was in so much pain that she couldnt even stand, not even sit hardly, I felt we should explain preisthood blessings, and so we did, and she wanted one.  So we were preparing, and as I would be offering the blessing I was praying really hard in m heart to know what I could say.  I asked Heavenly Father if I could heal her, and I felt a very strong confirmation, and so we gave the blessing. In it I remember blessing her to be healed, and quickly after we talked I remember asking her if she had faith that Jesus christ could heal her, and she moaned yes, and i felt very strongly that I could command her to sleep and she would be healed when she woke up, and we passed by the next morning, and she was up and about, super happy.  Unfortunately not even that was enough to encourage her and her husband to come to church, but it was definitely a cool experience.  But yeah, other than that I have just been doing the normal stuff.  I miss and love you all.  Please have a fantastic week.  
Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment