Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Week 6 Mozambique

*Don't forget to read the funny story after the pictures!*

Bom(a) Dia, Tarde, Noite,

I finally got to watch conference this week.  I understood one talk, the one by sister Wixom, so for now, I am gonna have to say that it was my favorite.  They translate them into brazillian portugues, which is really different, and so it is difficult to understand because of that as well.  I think we should get the Liahona in the next few weeks though, so that should be good.  

This week started out really difficult.  We tried super hard to hit our 5 contact a day goal, and it just was not happening.  Wednesday rolled around and we had one contact.  We either were not encontraring any men, on we were talking to ones that didn't have wives, or phones.  It was so frustrating.  We tried to maintain our teaching and just could not find any men.  Finally we were able to to find another contact and then two. But saturday came around and because of our struggles at the first of the week, we were 22 contacts short for the week.  We prayed, and set our schedule up to have the most road time possible, and went to conference.  We went out afterwards, and just talked to everyone.  6hours later, by some miracle we were able to not only have 22 contacts, but 24.  We were also able to get 4 lessons that same night.  It was truly a miracle.  I have never been so tired in my life, but I do know that when you set an inspired goal, and have an attitude of doing anything possible to reach that goal, you will have success.  I did, and I am so grateful.  To make this miracle even better, I had gotten sick Thursday, and felt as if I could barely walk.  As soon as we stepped out of our apartment, I felt 100x better, and made it through the whole day.  As soon as I stepped back in the apartment, the sickness came back, and I slept very well again that night.  Angels are among us here in the field, and God takes care of his missionaries.  Don't ever doubt miracles, because we see them everyday.  Thank you for your prayers, they are a huge part of the reason we hit this goal this week.  I am so grateful for all of your support, and hope you all have an amazing week.

Love,
Your Maloongu de Xikwembu
Elder Holt & Elder Keck's place of residence
Wall Decor
Elder Holt's Bed, "with my animals, they keep me safe while I sleep!"
More Decor...

***A MUST READ***

In reading from Elder Holt's companion's blog (elderkeck.wordpress.com), I came upon this great story about Anthony.  Funny, he never mentioned this to his mom.  When asked about it, he simply said, sorry, it slipped my mind!  Oh My!

"Another funny story is about Elder Holt’s and mine recent convert Gina. Gina was baptized 3 weeks ago and this past thursday I was finally able to bring her a picture of her baptism. She took it and kissed it and was super happy. The best part comes next. Elder Holt’s mom had sent him a bunch of CTR rings to give to the people he baptizes. Well we wanted to give one to Gina and we showed it to her and she loved it. Gina is really funny and she wouldn’t take it from him. She made him put it on her finger. As he was trying to put it on her pinky finger she moved her ring finger in front of it and he almost just married her. Then the next day at church we say hi to her and we notice that she has moved the ring to her left ring finger. Elder Holt now has a fiance here in Mozambique."

No comments:

Post a Comment