Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, May 4, 2015

And another transfer begins...Week 7

Bom Dia tudo,

All is well here in Mozambique, I am still alive, and for the time white, I pray every day though that I will be able to inherit the dope skin tone everyone here has.  I am not sure why it was ever a curse, because black people are my family.  Like the other day I had Zone Conference, and it was the first time in 4 weeks I had seen a white girl, and I won't lie, I was a little intimidated.  So I guess I will start at the beginning.  On monday elder keck and I spent a family night with mercia and her family.  She was baptized a few months ago and here children are also going to be baptized pretty soon.  For this family night, I got to learn how to cook Frango Zambeziano, it is a chicken recipe that is unique to one province here in Mozambique.  Mercia told us she knew how to cook it, and we set up a time to learn.  It is delicious, and here people don't eat just a breast or a thigh.  It is either a 1/4 chicken, a 1/2 chicken, or a whole chicken.  We paid for more chicken than we ended up needing, and I was lucky enough to get to get to eat 1 1/2 chickens.  I probably could've had another whole one, it was just to die for delicious, but because zone conference was the next day, we had to return to house early.  Mercia is basically my mozambiquan mother though, and I am so sad that I am leaving her area.  The next day was zone conference.  It was a blast, I am still young, so I get a translator, which I didn't really need, but trying to process everything in portugues and english gave me a gnarly headache, but it was an amazing conference.  President Kretly is an amazing presenter, and he is super entertaining as well.  So even though we were sitting for like 8 hours, the time passed super fast.  The lunch was also delicious, and so when wednesday came and it was time for rice and beans again, it was kind of depressing.  We also watched a BYU devotional video by Brad Wilcox called "His Grace is Sufficient"  it was a phenomenal talk and I encourage all of you to read it or watch it if you have time.  The rest of the week passed by pretty slowly, as it was the end of the transfer and everyone was anxious, but wouldn't talk about it.  We lost 15 missionaries, and only got  3 so we knew that we were going to lose 6 areas and we were really nervous that our area was going to be one of them.  Anyways, this morning we got transfers, and I am staying here in T-3, but I will be moving areas.  Elder Keck is leaving to Beira, so it was really sad to see him go, my new companion is elder mataveis.  He is from Beira.  I am super nervous, but super excited that President trusts me enough to be with a missionary who doesn't speak english. in only my 2nd transfer.  It will be hard, but it will also be worth it because I know that it will make my portugues a lot better, hopefully my accent too, I need to stop sounding so much like a mulungu.  I hope this letter finds you all well, and hope you have a wonderful dia dos maes this sunday.  I will keep sweating and trying to get black, and not get too fat.  

With Love,

Elder Anthony Holt
Elder Holt says he just loves the kids in Mozambique...
I think I can tell by how big his grin is!

Mercia & her family

No comments:

Post a Comment