Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Work, work, work, work, work.... (6-13-16)

Work, work, work, work, work.... i heard that song in a chapa the other day, and I thought it described my life pretty well...So we did a lot of work this week, like normal.  But we are finally getting to our maximum in terms of work.  Seeing as we work with an entire city our time is very precious, and as much as we should be visiting our investigators at least 2-3 times a week, we are barely able to get there once, let alone twice because of how many people we have to teach.  The best part is almost all of them are progressing, or new families that we find every week.  The only problem is it is getting to the point where we have way more to do than we are capable of.  In the past I would just get rid of the things that werent urgent and important, the problem is now, that almost everything we are doing is urgent and important.  and it is so hard.  yesterday at church i was running everywhere, making announcements, helping new investigators, and just trying to enjoy the meetings, and both me and my comp were exhausted just after 3 hours of church, aha.  But we will rest today and get right back at it tonight at 18.  We have been asking president for a second dupla, but we just dont have enough missionaries to send another one up here.  So we are trying to baptize like crazy so that we can prove that it is worth it to send another dupla.  We have worked super hard and havent hit all of our goals, but in working for them we have managed to set our area up pretty well.  I am hoping that I stay here at least one more, I am not worried, i think I will so yeah.  We have a ton of super good families that are just sooooo close I can feel the baptismal waters, but every possible problem you can imagine always happens.  and it is super stressful.  But that is just missionary life.  So a funny story, we have a large population of muslims here in Nampula, but they are cool muslims, not the extremist kind.  Anyways, this last week they started their religious holiday month of Ramadan.  I dont know much about it, but I do know that for the month they fast every day from sun up to sundown, so that is pretty interesting.  But we were knocking doors last night in a nicer area, and the muslims always live in the nicer areas, so we knocked on quite a few of their doors, but they usually just say, hey, we are muslim, and we say, oh thats cool, have a good night, and then walk away.  But last night we knocked this door, an hour after sundown, and this arabic man opens it up, and it was clear that he was a muslim family, and he looks at us and say, DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE BREAKING OUR FAST!!! and then shut (not really slammed) the door on us.  Man, I think every sarcastic switch in my brain flipped, and my comp had to basically drag me out of the predio before I tried to knock again to answer his question with: well today isnt fast sunday so how was I supposed to know, we would love to come in and teach you about fasting in the way the Lord has prescribed. as well as a dozen other less nice responses.  But we kept knocking other doors, and eventually found a non-muslim family who seems pretty cool.  Other than that, we were able to help the family from pemba i talked about a few weeks ago to get their process going, they are at the register right now, so I am hoping all goes well.  Other than that, I am just enjoying missionary life as I havent been trunky the last few weeks, ahah.  But have a good week, and be member missionaries, we really need them.
Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment