Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Well this week was super fast.... (6-6-16)


Yeah, so we went to Beira this week for zone conference, that was cool, but being out of the area for 3.5 days really makes the week fly by.  On monday, tuesday, and wednesday we were able to teach a good amount of people.  I was really happy to get the work done on those days.  I feel like it was the most effective I have worked in a long time.  Every area is super different, and so you have to learn how to work the different areas.  I definitely think this area has been the most challenging for me.  In my old area, if I had a ton of investigators I felt really good about myself and that we were doing a lot.  But here, even though we are teaching a ton of people, I just never feel like I have done all that I can do.  I always feel like there is more to do, and I am always so tired. I am really getting tired of being so flipping tired all the time, but I guess it is whatever.  Our investigators are going well.  We have an investigator who needs to get an ID card and yesterday she was sick, but her husband came, and we were able to get one of the documents they needed through another investigator of ours.  But it was sunday and we gave it to him, and he started freaking out because he was so excited that they could finally progress towards baptism.  He said to my comp, "can I go get her ID right now"  my comp responded, "no, they are closed on sunday, but you can go first thing tomorrow morning"  he was so excited he looked like a little kid on christmas morning.  It was super cool to see an investigator so excited.  We need to find some more, that is for sure.  But we have another investigator who is the neice of a family we are teaching, the family stopped progressing, but this girl kept coming to church, and so we began teaching her.  She is 17 and the first two times we taught her we could just feel how sad she was.  It was really depressing, but the last few visits it seems that she is getting progressively happier, and last night she told us that she wants to serve a mission some day, so that is super cool.  We had a good time in Beira, learning from President and the AP's, when we were giving our zone training there was one part where we could not explain what we wanted, and it was so frustrating.  Thankfully we have a president who is way more in tune with the spirit than we are and he got up and in 45 seconds explained a concept that we took 10 minutes trying to get our zone to understand.  We are super happy as we see our zone progressing, we really think that we are getting better, and we are super happy to be a part of it.  I also got to see some stuff around Beira, so that was nice, and seeing the other missionaries was a good time too.  It is always depressing flying back to Nampula, because just when you get used to being around people white people again, you have to fly back to be alone, haha.  But I love it up here, and it felt like coming home, and I didnt get sick this time so I couldnt have asked for more.  I want to express my gratitude for the atonement, and the knowledge that tomorrow I can be better than I was today.  That is really the hope that we all need to have. Too many people in this world are stuck thinking, I am just this way and that is how I have to be.  But I know that I have a Perfect Father in Heaven, who sacrificed His perfect son, so that I could become perfect one day as well.  So even though I might not be perfect, I have a perfect desire to be perfect, so I am grateful for the atonement that makes that possible.  I love you all and I love this gospel, I am so grateful that God has restored it to the earth today, and that he guides us today. I miss you all and love you more.


No comments:

Post a Comment