Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, February 22, 2016

6 Missionarios na Casa, 5 Dias Duros, 4 Pesquisadores, 3 Autoridades Gerais, 2 Companheiros, e Uma Semana Maravilhosa (2-22-16)

Whats up my homies, as in my family and friends at home.  This was a great week, I wont translate my subject, I hear they have apps for that.  But yeah, so I really dont know where to start.  So this week Elder Sharpe and I worked really hard, and did a lot of good, I will start by writing about one of the more spiritual lessons of the week.  We were out knocking doors, and it was a little late, and we were talking to this woman about the church and asked if her husband was home, and she told us he had passed away 2 years ago.  I have a soft spot in my heart for widows, as the greatest person I know is one.  So we asked to sit and talk with her.  I felt that we should talk about the plan of salvation and temples, so we did.  It was absolutely wonderful to count to this sweet woman the possibility that she can one day be together with her husband, we came to find out that her only child had also died and that only made the lesson that much more bittersweet, I felt heartbroken as I watched the tears fall from her eyes, but took solace as I remembered that the atonement heals any wound no matter how deep, and so grateful that I could help this woman to understand a little bit more of the sacrifice of the savior.  Now to explain the subject line, on saturday we got a phone call telling us to stay in the house as we would be recieving 2 more missionaries, this means that we were 6 people in a 4 person apartment for a few days but not too bad.  Because of the saturday mix-up we only got about 4 hours of work and the same with sundays conference, but the other 5 days were extremely hard and rigorous.  We have 4 awesome investigators that should be baptized this month, and we had a visit from 3 general authorities, Elder Neil L Andersen of the 12, and Elders Carl B. Cook and Stanley G Ellis of the seventy.  so that was pretty cool, they brought all kinds of technology from south africa that I forgot existed, like headphone translators, unfortunately they broke, and so we had to send some elders to translate for the district leadership from swaziland, then, after they had picked those elders, elder cook comes back and says I am going to need one for myself as well, and all the older missionaries had gone, so I didn't hesitate and got up, and translated for yet another member of the seventy, it was pretty awesome especially the proximity I had with elder cook, elder ellis, and elder andersen, I was closer to them than the bodyguard, haha.  But yeah, they got the translators going after like 30 minutes though, so it was all good.  2 companions because one of the missionaries that came down in elder stewart, and he will be my new companion so I walked with two for the weekend, he is super funny and it looks to be a good transfer.  Finally it was an awesome week, I am grateful for all I learned, and the reaffirmation of the spirit of the reality of the calling of the 12 apostles, they are truly wonderful, inspired men.  Words cannot describe the feelings that come when an ordained witness of the Lord testifies that he knows the Lord is resurrected.  So I am super happy for the experience if you want to know more, I guess ask a question or steal my journal if you want to know more.
Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment