Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

Serving February 4, 2015 - January 16, 2017

WRITE ME!

WRITE ME!

Monday, October 5, 2015

Ola Minha familia e outros queridos (9-28-15)

So it has been another good week here in the land of the red sun.  Granted I havent really seen the red sun this week.  But this week was really good.  We started out working hard, and that is what we did all week.  We did better than we have ever done with lessons since we started whitewashing, including 10 in just 2 days.  But we are going to keep upping that and try for even more this week.  We finally have a really good investigator pool to start with.  We have like 14 families, and then 4/5 individuals.  We are super excited for their progress but are working to get even more.  I think we could have 30 by the end of the transfer.  We have been blessed with some new part member families.  But all in all I think our biggest success this week was with an inactive member.  She was baptized 11 years ago went to church for the lst time 10 years ago.  She has since had a kid, seperated from her husband and is now living in our area.  She is super cool, and us meeting her was definitely a miracle of being in the right place at the right time.  We were walking down the road when she stops and says hi.  We talked and found out she was a member but very proudly inactive.  So we took her number and inv
ited her to church.  We called her the other day and as we were planning our lesson we decided that we were only going to read the book of mormon with her, and let the spirit guide her to church.  This was advice from Elder Hamilton that we got a few weeks ago, and we decided to try it.  It worked really well.  We didnt say a single thing about church in our visits, but she came.  Now we will work with her more, and with her son who is of age to be baptized.  We had many other miracle this week, but I just love this one.  Especially because a lot of our investigators all decided to travel on the same weekend, and we were sittin in church, bummed out because hardly anyone came, when Marta walks in, and I was just so happy and I cant explain it.  Other than that, the week was very good as well.  Summer has started and the weird rain from last week is long gone, lots of hot days and new tans.  My hair is also getting lighter, so its pretty nice.  I am loving life, and very tired all the time.  I definitely miss the southern utah dry heat, as this humidity is making me sweat in places I didnt know I had.  But it is all good, maybe I will finally start losing some weight.  My muscle is long gone, but maybe my fat will leave now too.  I am so grateful though for the Lord in my life, and for his Tender Mercies.  They are so real, and I am so grateful to know he cares enough about me to send them.  I also am sending a picture of our "home gym"  I would say it is really helpful, but between no motivation and only 30 minutes I am not taking a ton of advantage of it.  I will be better this week though.
Love,

Elder Anthony Holt

Home Gym...

No comments:

Post a Comment